Newly Diagnosed

Hi
I have just been diagnosed with Parkinson’s after fighting for 2years to get someone to listen and refer me. That someone was my rheumatologist.
I had my first consultation today which led to the diagnosis.
I have been put on Ropinirole increasing doseage and have been told I will be contacted by a Parkinson’s nurse.
I am 57 years old.
I look forward to hearing what to expect etc and getting to know you all.

1 Like

Hi @Bub1,

Welcome back to the forum.

I’m sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis, I’m sure it must be a lot to take in. We have a really engaging and supportive community here on the forum so you can expect to hear from our members soon. In the meantime, we have a ‘newly diagnosed’ section on our website with information and support to help you. There’s information on the different forms of support available to you and your family, as well as an introductory guide to Parkinson’s which contains information about symptoms, treatments and living with Parkinson’s.

Please visit our website here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/newly-diagnosed-parkinsons.

Our helpline is also here to answer any questions you have about your recent diagnosis and life with Parkinson’s. Call us on 0808 800 0303.

I hope you find this information useful.

Best wishes,
Reah

Hi Bub1
Just wanted to let you know that my hubby was diagnosed last February but has made huge progress by working with a Neuro Personal Trainer. I know exercise doesn’t suit everyone but for him it’s been a life changer. He’s now stronger, fitter and happier than he’s been in quite some time. His balance and co-ordination have improved too.
I’ve noticed that there are lots in this group with more knowledge and experience than myself and I’m sure you’ll get lots of good tips from them. I just wanted to let you know that in some cases, some symptoms can improve with the right support and effort. :grinning:

Thank you. I ordered the card to carry of here that says I have Parkinson’s I also made a donation.
I have been very tearful these last few days.
Is that normal? I am really worried I am going to have a fall again as I had one on the 24th June.
I also have to fill out an esa50 form as my esa assessment is due. I am in support group for other illnesses.
Should I put that I have confirmed diagnosis also that I am waiting for Parkinson’s nurse to contact me?
I am so glad I found this site
Thank you all

Hi
I have been recently diagnosed with PD about 6 weeks ago although the symptoms were there 6 months prior to diagnosis.
Taking madapar and mucuna pruriens at moment
But was wondering about cbd oil as I don’t sleep more than 3 hrs at a stretch and it takes another hour before I get back to sleep.
Any help gratefully received.

please read up on compulsive behaviours and together with your partner and family, be on the lookout for symptoms and get help if they should ever surface.