Night terrors

Hi all – I started a new drug amantadine and found on my final increment to 3 times a day , I started to experience what I can only describe as night terrors . The first time I woke from what I thought was a dream which seemed to overlap my waking up . I shook my husband awake as I thought I could see someone trying to get in the window . It only happens when I wake from my sleep , and my dream seems to spillover into my waking consciousness for a few seconds . They are very real and sometimes quite scary . They can vary from people to spiders to rabbits! I have now decreased the amount of the Meds and this seems to have resolved the problem , but of course it has impacted upon the effectiveness of the Meds ...they are not quite as good as they were. 

Is this night terrors or is it an hallucination? 

I think you need to see your doctor asap. Amantadine can be very bad for SOME people.

I have seen my neurologist and it was she who advised the reduction.  Of course I am now not going to see her for another six month.  The PD nurse is supposed oversee but never see her.  

Hi moonandstars,

Sorry to hear this. It might be worth calling our Helpline for advice about your medication and symptoms. You can call free on 0808 800 0303.We are open on Monday-Friday 9am-7pm and on Saturday from 10am-2pm. I hope this helps.

Take care,

Edwina

Moderation Team.

Hi, I have a slightly different problem. Mine is not the effect of my medication. I have a recurring nightmare which wakes me. The nightmare is of a shark attack. It, I believe is caused by the leg pain I experience severely at night. I am curious to know if anyone else experiences this?