Nighttime medication

I take 2 x Sinemet CR at bed time but often wake up in the early hours unable to move. This really scares me and it can often take 30 minutes before I can move even a little. I find myself less and less able to turn over or move in bed so often wake up as stiff as a board until my first dose of Stalevo has started to kick in. Anybody else had this happen? Any help / advice gratefully received.

Hi, I can so relate to that awful feeling, unable to turn over or even shake a leg… feel like a beached whale! I used to delight in getting in to bed at night but am now starting to dread it as its not a relaxing and restful place to be , it just brings into sharp focus how this disease
subtly takes away the joy of a restful night !

Hi, I was prescribed Sinemet cr at bed time and I seemed more shaky. I then changed to Mirtazapine 15mg and it transformed my night’s sleep and I look forward to going to bed as my body seems much calmer. Maybe worth getting your Parkinson’s nurse to prescribe it. Hope it helps

Hi
I take sinemet CR at 10pm but it doesn’t last me to morning, so I got prescribed madopar dispersible, it gets into the blood stream quick, I go back to sleep to 7am, I usually wake at 4am, and I wake less stiff as a board in the morning or I take 1 x madopar at 10pm and one at 4am. You just need to tell your pd nurse so they can add it into your regrime, we shouldnt just have to put up with things

Hi are you taking 2 x 50/200 cr at bedtime

Hi my hubby used to have that problem, but around 11pm to midnight he takes a 50/100 SR & also takes his Ropinerole at 9pm which helped 100%… Hope this helps…