Nine years later

I have had this form of hell for coming up for nine years,it is progressing me to a situation I am finding it difficult to cope with,the Madopar is being told by what’s left of my brain that it cannot use the drug anymore,so does anyone have any magic dust or alternative therapies ?

Hi Gardner 240
So sorry to hear that your medication is not doing its job at the moment. I haven’t any magic dust to blow on you, but send you my best wishes that you soon find some help from somewhere. It must be very frustrating.
Good luck
Knine
Audrey

Hi Gardner240 have you considered DBS ?i have been a sufferer too fr 9 yrs and i am considering it as i tend to vomit my meds think my body has had enough of them by now good luck and all the best
Penfold

Hi @Gardner240,

I’m really sorry to hear that your medication hasn’t been effective. I know this can’t be easy for you.

You should definitely consult with your GP or Parkinson’s nurse about this so they can review your medication and maybe prescribe you an alternative drug or increase the dosage of your current one. If you need additional support on this and would like to speak to someone as well, please feel free to call our helpline and speak to one of our advisers.

They’d be more than happy to help you and put you in touch with a Parkinson’s nurse. Call us on 0808 800 0303 or email [email protected].

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Reah

I was 36 with aggressive pd 11 yrs on I’ve had dbs for 6yrs, three yrs ago my legs stopped working I was on sinemet and my Neuro tried entacphone & Azilect and I’ve never been better so what I’m staying is thetre still loads of offer routes to go down just like reah saying so don’t give up as there’s a lot of new meds out and coming out all the best