No tears

Hi all new here, not formally diagnosed as yet, dat scan later in year and have most symptoms apart from a resting tremor, i am just curious if there is anyone else out there who hasn’t shed a tear with parkinsons. Let me explain, before i started getting noticeable symptoms certain music, film scenes or stories i would get sentimental and blubber and being a bloke im not afraid to say bit i havent since the symptoms. If anyone else has experienced this would love to hear.

Hi Ally,
Please allow us a moment to welcome you to our forum community. It’s a lovely group of people who always have some wisdom to share, some of whom are bound to introduce themselves soon. We’d also like to make sure you’re aware of the resources we provide, along with the forum. We have a website with research, articles, and archived forum threads, here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/. We also have a free and confidential helpline staffed with advisers who can help with everything from medication questions to finding local support, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. You can reach them at 0808 800 0303, so please do reach out if you have any questions unaddressed here.
All our best,
Jem
Forum Moderator

Hello
I have this symptom every day. And although I have been a sensitive man in the past, different events including music, meeting people, even the news makes me overwhelmed and I cry.
I think it is hyposensitivity and not sure how it relates to PD.
I am seeing a neuropsychiatrist this week. But the feeling of being overwhelmed is a difficult to live with.
I also get easily agitated, poor attention and live with constant nightmares and poor sleep.
I am very happy to chat further.
Andrew

Hello Ally,
I think something similar is happened to me. I noticed that I have less compassion when someone is sick or when someone die in older age, I always think: “He lived his 80 years pretty good, and what will happen to me?” Before my diagnosis I was very sensitive to people who suffers. Now I feel like anyone’s problems are easier than mine.
Martina