Not sure about what benefits are available to me?

Hi!

My husband has Parkinson’s, and recently it has worsened and he’s struggling to get work done. He’s thinking about leaving his job because of it. However he works full time, while I only work part time, we’re doing well financially with both of our incomes but I can tell we would struggle if he ends up leaving his job, which leads me onto my question - we currently don’t claim any benefits (as far as I know) for his Parkinson’s, so what benefits are available to us? I’ve looked at websites like this tax calculator but I can’t find anything useful about disabilities, so was hoping someone here could help.

Thank you very much! :grinning:

Hi Harriett - Best thing to do is phone the helpline on 0808 800 0303 and speak to someone who knows about benefits, can’t remember the chaps name, sorry! But the government will tell you nothing you have to virtually find out for yourself!! Sorry I can’t help you further!!

1 Like

Hi Harriet is your husband claiming PIP as I think he will be entitled to it I have used helps good luck
Lee

Hi Harriett,

I noticed you linked a tax calculator - you wouldn’t actually pay tax on the benefits. If either of you earns a static amount each month you can transfer the remains of your personal allowance if applicable, and you can find out if you can by putting your salary in here: http://salary-calculator.org.uk/

Hope this helps :slight_smile: