Off state

H benji the video is awaiting re-licence issues at present due to accompanying music as soon as this is resolved i will update this post with the link xxx

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz1gSHDeDFyQa0pIeWxBVGpwQzg

Hi Benji is promised this is the link to the video.

BB x

Sorry it will not play I do know why x

Hello I've managed to get it on a page on Facebook called everything about Parkinson's Disease if you go on that page the link will play fine.

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdrive.google.com%2Fopen%3Fid%3D0Bz1gSHDeDFyQa0pIeWxBVGpwQzg&h=ATPDx3T-Xo944QoJh5RoSgPjr0s11qlMiXG3F2HSEWxOaUgpz3z5BPVMhpKuAj0lNiTT5P5FLDDSXBgbqsw8l00OAHnYUXzYlcuUN95usS-5VsI1Ug_H71uS5Kwe7jJaKg6sB0hZzUo&enc=AZOXDEGc0MHDb4Ev5WM3VZiltFOkGK0OdMurVbcmczviDGu-u3tD4YZL1o-L357icGuyLYcMzU-KRfPIVYHV5AoDjPVUdLya7AZnyajcPWXeTd805Xv70z-T-0PjunRcZyR491p_kcs-QbW-oKEcVPwfWNxFlUOCMqBxDKed4A3sm_x4j0tQeHsAAmAdJ5vGwBRK7X2jK4f3Wqifqhv--s_o8YZDYWzzjWreGgR87oKrS12rnuFTeaiRWXAwPvfCxnKqLjKItpRrOXS1YBqpI5NPc5Q56QqNGltTwwZQ3uoJ6idByELkhD1nOVncDs5ZuZvcOdXhezeVFTkjAoz296V4NhW_XQxtT-urNQEb9wTxKQ&s=1

Managed to transfer it from Facebook this link now plays.

Hi BB

watched the link you gave above.

You are one brave lady.

Hope you are doing well after DBS.

Would you say to others to go down this road if  it was possible.

Wishing you all the very best.

Big hug Barbara x x x 

Hello Barbara definitely I would advise people to look it into the DBS route it's made so much difference to me I dread to think where I'd be now had I not had it done this year but that was then this is now the distonia beast is now caged and it's gonna stay caged lots of love BB X

Bettyblue, I concur your last statement having gone through DBS myself, just a pity that my Consultant wouldn't have it that I had got two tremors, that it was all Parkinsons.  After the operation I still have the Dystonic Tremor that I have had since my teens but may be when my battery comes up for replacement, something may finally be done about it but we will see on that one.  The Parkinsons tremor is under control, it was instant, I no longer tremble like a jelly.  But as i've said elsewhere on this Forum, if DBS is offered, grab it with both hands and approach the operation with a positive attitude, look it right in the eye.

Hi BB......I remember that horrible day so well. But look at you now, gal!!!! xx

BB,

You're amazing! That video, combined with the other one you posted, double underlines what DBS can do for some of us.

I'm now 7 days away from the big switch on! Will let you know how it goes for me.

Best regards,

Tractorman.

PS, Did the problem with the PM side of this website get sorted?

Yes it did mate and thanks be thinking about you on switch on day lots of luck xx

So do I that was then this is NOW lots of love xx

Totally agree with you cruise controller lots of luck with your battery replacement. Xx

Had my battery replaced on March 9th at Addenbrookes(only took an hour tops to do), still on the St Jude system, a bigger battery but now controlled by i pod !! With my living in Devon and me driving to and from there, I was booked in for three nights and my wife accommodated on the hospital site. No instructions for operation came with i pod but the Surgeon came to my bedside to explain operation(bear in mind I was still dopey and not the full shilling !!) not long after my return from Recovery. Hopefully he has, as requested by me, made contact with my Neurologist in Exeter so that he will be fully conversant with the system when I go to see him next month. In view of the fact that Addenbrookes computer system was playing up, many operations were delayed or in the case of people who had not travelled very far were cancelled and they were sent home. I was supposed to go down fairly early in the day but it was more like afternoon before I got the call to get changed and ready to go, even then it was a false start as I only got as far as the reception desk before being pushed back into the private room where I started !! Myself and another patient were supposed to have been allocated a bed on the ward but were sent to stay in the accommodation where my wife was. I knew that after the operation that I was going to be moved to another ward to recover and the staff were very accommodating. Shame the same couldn’t be said for an old man in my section, he was pressing the call button for no reason and was horrible to the female staff, even racist at one point when an Asian lady staff member was present. Talk about needing the patience of a Saint, the nurses really earn their money and don’t deserve to be abused in this way.