Oily Face - Sebum Overload

I’m really suffering with oily skin at present, my sebaceous glands seem to be in absolute overload whereby even after washing my face it is still shiny, and an oil slick within hours.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to keep the oil at bay?

Cheers!

Hi Char, welcome to the community.

We have lots of advice on how to manage skin problems in Parkinson’s on our website, which you can find here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/sites/default/files/2018-10/FS40%20Skin%20and%20sweating%20problems%20in%20Parkinson’s_WEB.pdf

Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Owen,
Moderation Team

Hi @Char

Yesss!!! I have the same problem and it’s driving me mad!! I’m 41, never had troublesome skin… but now you could fry and egg on my face :rofl::rofl: And of course, excess oil attracts acne :weary:

Someone told me to look into tea tree oil products and salicylic acid. The Body Shop do a great serum which you can apply twice a day and under makeup and I have also bought a 2% salicylic acid which is like a mask which you leave on for up to ten minutes, every other day. But this is potent and should be used with caution.

I’m seeing my neurologist next week so I was going to see what if anything he suggests. Will let you know :blush:

Keep well x

Hi @Char
I also used to suffer a lot due to this extreme oily skin health conditions :disappointed_relieved:. The sebum production on my face was so bad that ultimately it resulted in totally irritating acne formations including pimples and pustules. Even though initially, I thought of using moisturizer for dry skin and moisturizer for oily skin separately on my T-zone combinational facial skin, I came to know that it would increase the chances of getting more clogged pores and so ignored it :grin:. Then rather than doing self-treatments with my skin, I consulted a dermatologist and started using Cetaphil moisturizer for combination skin as per his recommendation. This non-greasy and non-comedogenic moisturizer for combination skin helped me very effectively to reduce acne, extra shining and regulated the sebum production on my face and so would like to prefer it for you :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you and hope you feel better :slightly_smiling_face: