On / Off

Evening guys,

I’m a 50yr old diagnosed, then in-diagnosed, then diagnosed four years ago after confusion whether I have this fabulous condition.
Initially started on Rasigilline(1mg) and Sinemet(12.5mg)
Then onto sinemet (125mg) 6 x daily and finally throw in some Ripinerole (10mg)
I’ve now had to reduce the Ripinerole to (6mg) as I was going completely off my head with paranoia and anxiety… the flip to this is, as I’m sure you’ll all know is the catastrophic on-off… it’s completely unpredictable and incredibly bad… walking one minute then completely unable to move the next, despite regular meds, now been referred to Queens for DBS and suggestions to reduce the effect of the on-off?

Hi Mr Parki,

Sorry to hear you’re having such a frustrating time with your symptoms. If you take a look on our website you’ll find lots of useful information and support on this and many other topics: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support

You may also want to try giving our Helpline team a call, as they can offer advice on many different aspects of your Parkinson’s symptoms. You can call FREE on 0808 800 0303, Monday-Friday from 9am-7pm, and Saturday from 10am-2pm.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Owen,
Moderation Team