Overprescribed medication of co caroldopa

Hi, I was diagnosed with PD8 years ago and until 2 years ago was on Rasageline ,Pramapexole . I was then introduced to co caroldopa on a low dose. However I encountered lots of ups and down and it was decided to increase dosage and at that time was taking Rasagaline x1, Pramapexole 3.15 modified release x1, and co caroldopa 25/100mg and 12.5/50mg x5

over the last 2 years I have become more and more convinced I have been overprescribed the co caroldopa as it does not matter when I take it the immediate hour afterwards progressively deteriates until suddenly I feel fine.over the last 6 months or so I have reduced the number of co caroldopa tablets and am currently on 1x25/100mg followed by 5 or 6x 12.5/50mg and am generally ok wit minimal ups and downs.

I am interested to know if anyone else has encountered this and is their a modified release co caroldopa tablet? I can go some days 4 hours or more without issue most mornings but fine pm have more problems but have found taking tablets more often of the 12.5/ tends to keep me on more of n even keel instead of the larger tablet

1 Like