Pain in leg and groin?

Has anyone experienced similar symptoms?  My mum has a pulling/ stretching pain in the upper leg towards the groin.  This is also affecting mobility.  Please ,let me know.  Mum taking paracetomol x4 times a day (two tablets) and now about to take Ibupforen too to alleviate the pain

Thanks for your help.

Hello Londoner . I get the same pain in my right leg and groin area . It hurts mainly when I drive . It's my right side that's affected . I take ibuprofen and paracetamol . You can take these together if need be . My consultant said although ok to take cocodamol avoid this as the codeine can cause constipation . I am also having hydrotherapy at the moment for this to strengthen muscle . My vit d levels were low which pd nurse said could cause pain too . Hope this helps . 

Thank you.  That really helps.  We were putting those symptoms down to other things and didn't realise it was Parkinsons.  I think I should do more reading on this.  Really helpful on the Cocodamol point.  My mum had been given this to take too.  It feels like a minefield of medication!

Hi Londoner, 

I get exactly the same pains as described . They occurred first about 5 years ago long before I was diagnosed with PD. No painkillers keep them at bay for long it seems . I had a course of tramadol for an unrelated pain however and they actually eased the hip and groin pains too. Unfortunately,my GPS has decided that tramadol is no good and refuses to give me anymore. Does anyone else take tramadol regularly?

.           Cossy