Painful pins and needles in legs

My mum is getting a lot of pain in her lower legs that she describes as ‘like pins and needles’. This wakes her up at night and she gets out of bed to sleep in the lounge.

She’s currently in hospital but slept better with no pins and needles. Could this be down to the bed she has?

Has anyone changed to a profiling bed and found it very useful?

Many Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave,
I’m really sorry to hear that your mum is going through this discomfort. It’s tough to see our loved ones in pain, especially when it affects their sleep.
While I’m not a medical expert, I want to suggest that it might be beneficial to have a chat with her GP or Parkinson’s nurse about her situation. They’ve got the knowledge to assess her condition and recommend the best options for her comfort, whether it’s related to the bed or something else.

Remember, you’re not alone in this. There’s a fantastic resource you can tap into for support - our free and confidential helpline. The number is 0808 800 0303 and our volunteers are available to help Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm, and Saturday, 10am to 2pm. Remember that you’re not alone in this, our Parkinson’s advisers can provide more advice and assistance. Your mum’s well-being is what matters most, and I’m sending my best wishes for her to have more peaceful nights ahead.

Federica
Moderation Team