Parkinson's Awareness Week 2014

Just what does "Parkinson's Awareness Week" mean?

i haven't seen any sign of it when out and about. Certainly haven't seen any TV appeals or such like. Am I just missing something here or what?

Banjo

Oh right. Just read my last entry. Before anyone gets on my case here, let me just say I realise there are many hard working people around the land doing their very best to get the message out. My question was simply where is it visible so as to make this week special?

banjoo

Hi Banjo, thanks for the question.

We were on the Daybreak sofa on Monday morning, on BBC Radio 5 Live, and on various radio, TV and newspapers across the UK - all giving people with Parkinson's the opportunity to tell their stories in the media. As you say, there have been people working hard on events and activities. And we've had a huge amount happening online - for example, over 61,000 views of our campaign video on YouTube (and shared quarter of a million times on Facebook). And people have been getting the word out in lots of different ways across social media, blogs and other websites. We've also had the highest number of visits to our website ever, by quite some way.

We're still doing the analysis of the week - and there are still a couple of days to go before the week is over. But we'll make sure more information is available on our website soon.

Have a good weekend.

Sharon

Many thanks Sharon,

i seemed to have manage to miss all right progs. As I said, I'm not having a go at anybody here it's just that, I suppose, I expected to see more activity when out and about in my local shopping haunts.

i take my hat off to all involved and meant no critisism. 

Banjo

Hi BANJO............YOU DIDN'T HEAR ME INTERVIEWED ON THE RADIO  THIS WEEK THEN?ideaMIND YOU THAT DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE I GUESS. THEY WERE ASKING FOR PEOPLE WITH OR CONNECTED TO PARKINSONS IN ANY WAY TO PHONE IN, EVERY LITTLE HELPS TO GET THE WORD OUT. HOPE ALLS GOOD WITH YOU MATEY......wink

BESTEST WISHES

DOLLY

Hi Dolly,

i would have have loved to hear you. I hope you put them straight. My friends all think I might get the shakes and that's about it. I think I used to believe that also.

I'm fit and well. Just had the best night's sleep in ages. 

Hope you are also doing OK.

Banjo

Hi Banjo.....What a difference it makes when you have a good nights sleep doesn't it? eekglad you are feeling pretty good too. Well i had about 4 pages of notes and as you know i can bunny on for ages! but i got 5  minutes, not long enough but better than nothing i guess. She asked about taking meds on time especially in hospital, i told her my Son is a Pharmacy tech and at the hospital he works in they are very aware that when a parky patient needs their meds then they must have them.....not wait for the drug trolley to come round!! i told her if it was me i would probably hide them in my sock!! ideaShe asked about symptoms, why it took so long to diagnose, is it only older people 60s!!!! that it affects, you are so right Banjo, people generally do not have a clue what the disease involves.............i am often told "well i would never have believed that you have it because you don't shake"!! yeah right......look at me when my meds are due or if i am anxious or hungry, plus as we all know some of the other yukky symptoms. I was at a dance last night and barely left the floor for 3 hours....it was a brilliant night, but it wouldn't happen at all without the help of the Madopar. big grin

Keep smiling and sleeping well 

my best wishessmile

Dolly

Thanks for that Dolly. It sounds as if you did just fine.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the dancing. I just think here's to more good 'ens and less bad 'ens.

Had another good night's sleep. That's two in a row...... YES!

keep bopping,

Banjo

That is brilliant Banjo...bet you feel the difference don't you? lets hope you can make it a hat trick!!razz3 nights in a row. Nobody realises how great it is to sleep well.....unless they are insomniacs of course.! Hope you have enjoyed the beautiful yellow thing in the sky today....what a treat to see, and tonight we have just taken my dear Mum home and as she got out of the car the Blackbird was on the roof singing his head off.....love itlolsummers coming yay!!

sleep well matey zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dolly big grin

Hi again Dolly,

The following is sung to the tune "Flowers in the Rain" by the Move.

Woke up this morning from my sleep

duvet in a crumpled heap

sun was shining brightly through my window.

Stretched my arms and had a yawn

welcomed in the brand new dawn

once again I'd had a night of sleeping.

I'm just sitting watching traffic rolling by

thinking what a lucky guy

la la la la la.......

Morning, Dolly

Banjo

What a talent you are young Banjo eekbrilliant news that you scored a hat trick.....bet you have been bopping all day? love that song......in fact heard it on the radio earlier......shame it wasn't your version. What an amazing day it has been....so hot and sunny. Spent the day in Brighton and took a trip on the old Volks railway ( that brought back some memories especially as we passed the nudist beach,  avert those eyes) ideato the Marina for a pint. That sunshine really does put a smile on our faces fabuluuuuuuuuuuuuuss cool

Hoping that you have another good night matey......plenty of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dollyrazz

Hello, hello, hello! The nudist beach bring back memories does it? Now I am intrigued.

tell me more. LOL

Banjo

Hi Dolly,

please ignore my last message. I've just read it and it makes me sound like an old pervert. All that was missing was "snigger, snigger."

keep well

Banjo

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!........Young Banjo...i wouldn't think anything of the sort! but i tell you what when i went there many years ago i was intrigued and nosey!!!1ideaand i sat there with a pal (dressed) just for a giggle really.....all of a sudden we saw a bloke walking towards us with his pale blue shirt open....his helmet in his hand (crash) and nothing else....nope not a stitch...well you can't help but look !eekeektwice he he. We were staying in Fuertaventura once and didn't realise our Hotel was on a nudey beach until we had a stroll along the sands........oh my life!!!  fat, wrinkled bodies milling around, and even though we were in swimwear we felt overdressed and everyone were staring at ussad face 

Hope this does'nt give you nightmares tonight Banjo big grin

Dolly