Parkinsons & Dystonia

I hope someone benefits from this.

I had Primary Dystonia (Blepharospasm (BS) and Cervical dystonia) along with Parkinson’s. The BS was very severe had little to no relief for over 12 years. Injections of botox gave the youngest looking eyes in the country, drugs such as trihexyphenidyl gave me a feeling of euphoria surgical procedures such as an ocular sling and a double Myectomy were performed on each eye over a two year period with only short term relief. Antidepressants and muscle relaxants failed to make the slightest difference. One of the drugs was zispin, which helped me sleep but other than that there was no effect. I stopped taking it after about one year. In 2007 I had spinal surgery, following the surgery I was prescribed 15mg of zispin to help me sleep and was also prescribed Gabapentin for pain, starting with 200mg. The other Parkinson’s drugs that I take are Apo-Go and Sinemet. When I got up to 600mg of Gabapentin my wife and I noted that the BS and the Cervical dystonia had almost dissapeared. When I got up to 800mg Gabapentin the dystonia became worst, so I dropped down to 600mg and it stopped. I dropped down to 400mg and it started again, up again I went to 600mg where I have remained for the last two and a half years. I also noted that when my sinemet wears off the dystonia becomes worse.

Perhaps its just my, makeup, or some other idiosyncrasy, there may be nothing in it or there may be a lot in it.