Parkinson's sepsis and pneumonia

My dad has battled for nearly 20 years and we’ve adapted as it’s progress. He was taken into hospital with double pneumonia and sepsis 3 weeks ago. Miraculously he pulled through. The trouble is now he just won’t wake up. He is sometimes a little responsive but very seldom opens his eyes. The doctors are very confused! Has anyone else experienced anything similar? They will be taking his feeding tube out soon so we need him to be more alert to begin to eat properly.
Any advice / suggestions / experiences shared welcome!

https://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page_id=1855 and the amny other pages.
Myself I’d aim for serum level of 120nmol/L and I’d use large doses to get level up fast.
D3 has pronounced effects on brain eg depression…its a hormone.And barely on the radar of UK clinicians.

So sorry to hear about your Dad.

Hoping everything works out.
We are always hear to speak to although we don’t have the answers.

Take care best wishes

Babsx

Hi @Lizi_213,

I’m really sorry to hear about your dad’s recent health conditions.

If you contact our helpline service on 0808 800 0303, one of our advisers will arrange for a Parkinson’s nurse to call you back to advise you on your situation in more detail. Please give them a call as soon as you can.

With regard to your dad’s eye problems and fatigue, we have sections on the Parkinson’s UK website with information about various different eye problems associated with Parkinson’s that you can find useful here and here.

Wishing you and your dad all the best.

Kindest regards,
Reah