? Parkisons

Can anyone tell me what there symptoms were and how they felt.day to.day before dignoses as I'm under investigation for parkinsons as I have some worry symptoms that are linked to parkinsons ams also.I have a family member with it...so just wanted some.info from ppl.on what they noticed before they got dignosed and how.long after you. Saw a dr was you dignosed thank you. In advance

Hi,

People seem to have quite different symptoms. In my case I did not have a tremor, but noticed stiffness particularly in my left arm. I went to the doctors because it was getting worse and I couldn't use my hand very well.

That was five years ago. Looking back I also realised that for years I'd been getting really tired and there were little things like loss of smell and dry eyes which are also seen as early signs. 

I was referred to a neurologist and after some movement tests was diagnosed with pd straight away. I also had a DAT scan which confirmed it.

I'd had a tremor for 15 yrs which i mostly ignored or tried too firstly in my left then later right, i slowed down physically & mentally from being very active too very very tired, memory,thinking, writing small flat letters like seagulls,smell, dry mouth(my teeth are failing), dry eyes, sweating when i didn't used too, slowness in my hands, pain in various, joints,limbs, muscles, walking, weakness in my legs

A dat scan showed abnormal in both hemispheres

Thank you.for.your reply it's strange a lot ppl on hear say about loss of smell . I was only.saying toy children the other day my.sense. of.smell has gone and I can't. Understand why . I didn't know.there was any test that dignosed PD
Thank you. For.the reply most.of.whay you've wrote there is what I've been getting. I seem to.sweat a lot or get a sudden race of hotness come over my body . I also get a lot.of.weakness iny.legs and they ache a lot even when I rest them. They sem.to.twitch and ache so much thank you . Your information has been very useful x

a  datscan as such isn't a diagnosis of PD Tinkerbell it is a aid to support or deny a diagnosis of PD most of a diagnosis is observation by a  Neuro over time with a set of motor and non motor symptoms, keep a open mind and that the process can take a considerable amount of time and frustration along the way.

Thank you.for.your reply it's strange a lot ppl on hear say about loss of smell . I was only.saying toy children the other day my.sense. of.smell has gone and I can't. Understand why . I didn't know.there was any test that dignosed PD
Thank you x