Patience and anger

Me again. My wife has always been someone with infinite patience and a very long fuse. Of late I've noticed she becomes very impatient and little things infuriate her. Is this yet another symptom of this cursed condition.
I'm not sure that it is a symptom, perhaps more of a very natural reaction.
That's my excuse anyway.
hello davech,
I am assuming that it is your wife you has pd? Please forgive me if I have made an incorrect assumption

I would suggest that impatience, annoyance, frustration over what might seem to others to be matters of little consequence, may perhaps be signs of anxiety/depression that are known to be part of the pd "bundle"?

I am known as a very easy going person (little do they know!). But I have been known to blow a fuse over the most trivial things eg I cannot find my favourite mug. Solution = use another one.. But I do find that I need these "temper tantrums" to be taken seriously. If I am laughed at ( & I am obviously not in a laughing mood) or told to stop being so silly, well, suffice it to say this is not helpful.

With my very best wishes
I can relate to this topic Dave. When my husband is stressful he will often turn round and say but its me that has got it and has to go through it and I find myself often saying yes but it is me that has to watch you and care for you so I am involved in it as well. Probably not the physical pain but mental pain is there. PD is a horrible disease but we do often laugh about things with it but there are times when it gets to both of us. So I would say yes it is part and parcel of PD from my perspective. Only wish someone had told us earlier what it was going to entail. Would never have joined the club :wink:

Sue
I too can relate to this topic Dave, as a PD sufferer myself. I find it's frustration that creates the anger. It's the ability to do simple things. Things that the average person would take for granted. With me, it's making a cup of tea. Simple for the average person but for someone who suffers from PD it beings a krypton factor challenge. My wife and I find that making a joke of it helps defuse the situation.

Regards
Mick
Thats quite true Papasmurf laughter is the best tonic. I remember when we were sat in front of the neurologist consultant and he told us that hubby had PD and we both said almost together Okay will have to get a job at MacDonalds doing the milkshakes and the look on his face and I turned and said to him If you don't laugh you cry and there will be plenty of that later on so make the best of the day. I find that when hubby is having a bad day we sit and talk about it or I go off into another room for a while and then we talk about it. You will find your own way of dealing with the problem but don't forget there are people on here to talk to for both of you:wink:

Sue