Pdrecovery.org

Hello Renee, the thread relates to a site www.pdrecovery.org. It is USA based and claim to be able to help some pwp, in fact it states that it is possible to recover. It uses some chinese therapies but will only treat people who have not yet started meds or havn't taaken meds for more than 3 weeks. There is a book on the site to download I have a read a little bit of the book which is by Janice Walton-Hadlock, the new version dated July 2008 has more than 900 pages. It does have some interesting theories, however, despite this it's no use to me. ive been diagnoised for 9 years now so well and truly medicated...I think it's still interesting though and worth the read.

There do appear to be a few people interested and it was put on the thread for discussion.

Hope this helps and gives you a clearer understanding of whats gone on

regards
Glenchass
Glenchass, thanks for clarifying.

Kyle, I am not pushing ANYTHING, except maybe open dialogue and peace. Your remark about my financial interest made me want to cry :-)

I am the biggest skeptic but i have an open mind... and I have PD. So you see that's all there is in for ME.

I would like to hear actual thoughts about the contents in the book, and I am trying to get people who are interested to form a discussion group somewhere else to share ideas/experience.

That's all really,
Thanks

Vik
Hi Z.

As I posted to Steven:

My only concern is that I've seen so many PwP have their hearts broken and dreams shattered (and occasionally wallets emptied) by hearing of new wonder drugs or alternative solutions which subsequently prove worthless that I am now ALWAYS very very wary, and advise others to be the same.

I din't intend to upset you, but as always our actions are the results of our experiences in life, and I for one have come across literally hundreds of conmen in my time, as well as well-meaning folk who have fallen for some yarn, and want to persuade me to follow them to some land of bliss and perfection.

With no examples of cured PD sufferers to meet (as per my initial request) I've got better things to do than even open a 900-page tome, sorry!

Kind regards.
Hi Glenchass
thanks for that. As I am not on meds. my noseyness has got the better of me so I'll probably have a read of the book to see what it says. I wonder if its something I could get from my local library?
Renee
Hi Renee,

No need to go to the library, you can download their publications for free from http://www.pdrecovery.org/ . The main book is a hefty volume so will take some time but the website itself gives a basic idea.

Regards,

Steven.
Hello all, despite the fact that I couldnt take part in any treatment of this therapy, because Ive been on meds a long time, I would be very keen to join a discussion group. I am plodding through the book, just because it cant help me personally doesnt take away my interest.I am still keen to undertsand some of the theories behind the so called 'cure'. I like to think that I have a very open and inquisitive mind and therefore I know that I would enjoy the discussions. Please keep me informed.
Interesting to read all these posts concerning treatments for PwP. I too, find it hard to understand how there can be a single treatment which can be so effective, yet not more widely used, and promoted.
Anyway, I was wondering if there were any testimonies for an Aussie bloke by the name of John Coleman available? Seems he made a full recovery from PD several years ago.
From the first page of the website

Using the diagnostic techniques of channel theory, it is easily observed that people with both idiopathic Parkinson’s and psychogenic (emotionally-induced) parkinsonism manifest a rare, highly specific channel-flow pattern. (A “channel” might be described in part as one of the many electrical currents in the subcutaneous fascia. These currents run directly below the skin. They can be detected easily by a trained hand.)

A 'channel' might also be described as complete bollocks (rhymes with horlicks) . It also seems to be saying that foot injuries can cause parkinsons!

I object to this nonsense being put into the 'treatments' folder. There should be an alternative treatment folder where people can wallow in this stuff all they like.
It is a CON TRICK

I am a qualified Biomedical Scientist, and think that until this lot come up with some scientifically acceptable evidence of the effectiveness of their treatment plan, you should keep your money in your pocket.

I have read the website, but not the book. Or rather, I should say I've tried to read the website, and failed. It is full of the dreaded words of quackery and tom foolery I am so suspicious of. I've read simpler articles in the BMJ!

There is an argument that people should be allowed to make up their own minds about these things...but I believe the onus is on the promoters of these things to produce hard evidence. Until then..BEWARE OF CHARLATANS.

I expect to be lambasted for this, but I must say what is so often not said. People who 'BUY' into these things are taking the risk of muddying the waters on the efforts of real scientists who are working with REAL facts/

I feel really strongly about this
And another thing...while I'm having a rant!

Why are they hiding behind a proxy server company for their 'Contact Us' email address?

Because they are crooks.
This is an example of their thinking, which (unless I'm very mistaken) says your PD was caused by hurting your foot in the past.

QUOTE FROM THE WEBSITE

In all cases of idiopathic Parkinson’s disease, we have seen evidence of an unhealed foot injury. In a healthy person, a severe foot or leg injury triggers a specific, injured pattern of channel flow. This pattern, in which a specific channel runs backwards from the site of the injury (because the currents cannot traverse the injury site), causes repercussions in the channel system that cause, among other things, inhibition of dopamine, loss of appetite, and other symptoms similar to the dissociative response. The degree of dissociative-like response depends on the severity of the injury. The benefit of these responses is this: the injured person will be able to rest deeply while his injury heals. The injured person will not feel much hunger, pain, or the desire or ability to move quickly. With these inhibitions in place, a person will heal the most quickly. As soon as enough healing has occurred so that the channel current can once again flow unimpeded past the point of injury, the dissociation-like response will cease. Dopamine flow will resume. The person will once again be able to function normally while the limb finishes healing.
END QUOTE

AAAAAAARGH!
JV, hi, there are various references to Jon Coleman on this forum, including a recent thread on Bowen therapy. His was the first book I read when coming to terms with PD, it was a kind and varied introduction, I liked it because he was open to people making their own decision regarding whether to take meds, I met a friend of his who can only say that the man bore virtually no signs of PD after recovery...and JC takes a very positive approach to coping, including 'laughter, love and meditation' (all as dopamine producing activities)....anyway I guess you know all this as you referred to him! I use his approach to varying degrees including aquas, nothing ventured, nothing gained...if i was in Oz I'd love to meet the man if only for his impressively +ve approach to severe debilitation...
Whilst I'm very sceptical about their claims of cures, I had come to the same conclusions about the current medication regimes.For the most part they are based on the 40 year old dopamine balance concept.

Dx 7 months ago I have refused all the meds my 2 neuros suggested.

Trawling the archives on PD forums, it is evident that dopamine based regimes eventually (whether in 2 or 20 years dependent on the individual) have a declining efficacy.

The question for me is does pumping dopamine into your brain lead to the neurones you have left 'going on holiday' ahead of their current expiry rate.

Here's a link to some of the UK practioners of Tui Na

http://www.ukrtcm.org/archives/region/south-east
1 Like
Jo72, Thanks for the response. Yes, stay positive seems to be the message, as far as the environment in which we find ourselves will allow!
To anyone who has read the janice Walton Hadlock book (and sorry that I have not waded through it yet).
Could someone please advise me why you cannot follow her recommendations if you are already taking medication? My husband has been on Sinemet for just over a year now (and came off Rasagaline recently after about 9 months).
Thanking you in anticipation
Hi me again. I have now waded through sufficient of the Janice Hadlock Walton info to find my own answer as to why you cannot follow her program of recovery if you have already started taking parkinsons medication. Wow! Is it accurate! Do the tablets mean you have drug induced Parkinsonism even if you were misdiagnosed in the first place and if you recover, you cannot stop taking the tablets for fear of dying or going mad? Can you really not safely stop taking the P drugs?