PDWarrier

Does anyone know of PD warrier groups or trainers in or around Edinburgh, Perth or Dundee?

Hi Mandy1,

Thanks for posting. I’m sure some of our members will be able to share some information with you. In the meantime, I thought it might help to point you to this page on our website: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/professionals/events-and-learning/neuroplasticity-parkinsons-pd-warrior
You’ll find some information there about a professional PD Warrior training course but also some contact details that could help you find out what’s going on in your area.
Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Edwina
Moderation Team

Have you tried YouTube? There’s a few tutors on there.
Jackie

Thanks. Yes I use the videos on line. I feel more motivated to push myself when working with a group or a trainer.

Hi Mandy

Look on the PD Warrior website (http://pdwarrior.com) - nearest to you currently is Dumfries but there is a course in Edinburgh at the end of September. Sign up as a volunteer for it & you will get a good idea of what it is & meet physios from your area doing the course. I travelled 2.5 hours each way to Sheffield to Hallamshire Physio who I can thoroughly recommend - they have twice weekly PD Warrior circuits - like you I prefer a class situation & just wish they were closer but Karen checks in with me regularly. Currently doing the 10 week challenge. Chris

Thanks for the suggestions Chris.
I’m heading to Wales for a couple of weeks and have signed up for a few sessions in Morello clinic in Newport which I’m looking forward to.
Think I’ll start the 10 week challenge after that. M

Hi Edwina
The link you posted was for the training course but we are looking for clinics/sessions closer to us. We live on the Kent Coast but are willing to travel to access a PD Warrior group. An old post said Billericay but I cannot find any PD Warrior sessions in Kent. Can you direct me?
Many thanks

Hi Clare

I do PD Warrior sessions in Harlow, Essex and I think @Margs does some somewhere else in Essex. Bear in mind that they’re often called something different as there is a hefty licence fee if the “PD Warrior” name is used. The ones I go to are called Move4Parkinson’s but use the same exercises.

Hi,

Yes I was going to a Warrior class in Billericay, Essex, but I’m not going at the moment as I have back problems.