Peeing in bed

A friend of mine says her husband who was diagnosed about 2 years ago, now occasionally pees in bed and asked me if I knew why this happens.
I honestly have no idea, can anyone help her?

Hi Clive,
PD medication can cause hallucinations or very vivid dreams/nightmares so that could be a reason. Or maybe just general anxiety around not being able to make it to the bathroom with poor mobility?

Your friend could ask GP for advice or a referral to a Urologist or Incontinence Nurse (even though not fully incontinent yet) and they might suggest limiting fluids in the late evening, keeping a urine bottle nearby, ruling out UTI or whatever

Thanks TheLippyOne.
I have spoken to her about anti depressant , however she says her husband has been put onto one by the doc.
Apparently he is seeing a nurse and I have suggested that he stops liquids by a16:00.
I will pass on your suggestion of an incontinence nurse, thanks.
However the urine bottle is a great idea, I never thought of it.

1 Like

Hi Clive, 16.00 sounds early to me but i suppose it depends on bedtime and evening routines etc. Maybe someone else or the nurse can advise as especially during the summer, you would’ve want to risk UTI with insufficient fluids so it might be a tough one to balance