Perhaps the answers already exist!

Destructive Pulse Syndrome Part 2 © Andy D Kemp 2011

In looking at this theory in more depth, we perhaps need to consider the finer details of biological electricity, or aspect of the synapse process in greater detail, and what happens to damaged or compressed tissue cells by way of ‘thickening’ their density. While I am not a biologist, there are aspects in logical, common-sense reasoning, that may prove relative towards putting further weight behind the theory in DPS.

Using simplistic terms, the synapses or movement of energy through the nervous system will likely follow the most easiest routes through the individual cell walls in the same manner water and electricity naturally flow. However, while considering this, there is also an aspect in division or ‘doubling’ within the nerve cells; where the command synapses propel a physical motion of the cell, while at the same time relaying a response synapse back to the brain, confirming the success or failure of that command. In general terms, the aspects of breathing heart beating, etc., run on (subconscious) auto pilot, while Motor aspects in moving the body through space, require the conscious thought process; and in both cases, the feedback synapses necessitate reception and response mechanisms within the brain, via the central and peripheral nerve system.

With damaged nerve cells however, the movement and energy value in the synapse will likely be hindered. The synapse may fire between cells at different locations in the cell walls, causing the current to divert or discharge on route, or indeed sit within a cell until another incoming synapse provides sufficient power in energy to enable the continuation of the synapses along the nerve fibre. Remembering that the bi-fold nature of the synapse mechanism, means that nerve cells may allow command but withhold response, or visa versa, providing some undesired effects, that the brain will automatically try to re-address or heal to amend the situation.

With entrapped nerve fibres or groups of nerve ganglion, where the cell walls are compacted together, the tissue will become far more dense, and this will likely cause an aspect in ‘bottle necking’ where the synapses are held within the cells, and unable to continue their journey, until the external pressure releases and the cell walls expand back to their operable density. And it seems prudent to mention here, that with scared tissue, the nerve cells may never recover.

Determining the extent of nerve damage in the various parts of the anatomy at the earliest stage possible is going to be one key towards combating the knock on effects caused by insufficient synapse.

In re-describing DPS, the delay or failure of response synapses to reach the brain may cause the brain to send duplicated synapses, or choose neighbouring cells to dispatch new command synapses; rendering the first group of cells to a state in temporary idle mode. Moreover, a surge of response synapses (having gained sufficient energy for there release from a ‘bottle neck’ scenario) returning to the brain may overwhelm or destroy cells.

While occurrences in brain damage may be temporarily healed as the human body is renewing cells all the time, as we age this renewal process begins to slow down, such that, as the muscles and nerve tissues lose their elasticity of youth, the damage from 'resistance and surge' synapse patterns are most likely to physically increase; to the point where the original areas of damaged and hardened nerve fibres start to increase and give rise to adjacent or other associated areas becoming effected in a similar fashion.

In looking at this theory in identify DPS on a broader level, it may become apparent, that a common aspect in some injuries to the spinal column and central nerve may relate directly to various dispositions in disorders associated with recognised neurological diseases and malfunctions.

For instance, DPS damage predominately caused or effected by the upper areas of the spine and neck, may be attributed to a form in Motor Neuron Disease when the throat and swallowing mechanism are the significant areas initially malfunctioning, and in the later development stages if this disorder, the apparent mix-up in emotions, as the patient sheds tears when they are effectively laughing and visa versa (apparently laughing when actually being upset) are more easily understood, as the synapses are being redirected along shared pathways.

The development of DPS through the upper regions of the spine may arise or stem from a variety of causes, such as; the development of curvatures due to muscle imbalance caused by hereditary genes, posture fixations caused through lifestyle or the working environment (such as in IT or office occupations where seating and screen positions remain at a constant), to accidents such as Whiplash injuries (associated with sharp breaking of a vehicle) or contact sports like rugby and boxing.

Likewise, the development of DPS through lower regions of the spine may cause similar symptoms attributed to Secondary or Idiopathic Parkinson’s where the synapses are hindered, disorientated and again routed along shared pathways; typically and often effecting one side of the body first, corresponding to the root of the injury. In cases associated with repetitive strain injuries, this may be more apparent in regard to the natural right or left handed aspect of the patient. Although, in spinal injuries, where dehydrated or disc hernias are present, it should be noted that injury, and or swelling on one side of the spine may cause ‘bottle necking’ scenarios on the opposite side, where the extending nerve branches are squeezed against the vertebrae bone structures around their corresponding areas of exit.

Another cause of DPS may emanate through the compacting of the spine at the base of the back, where dehydrated discs allow pressure to bear upon the sciatic nerves as they exit the spinal column. Noting that physical damage and scarring to the sciatic nerves may also occur through a process of being constantly bruised by shocks associated with sports such as horse riding, prolonged periods in a static sitting posture taking the full weight of the body and or with insufficient cushioning for the absorption of any mechanical vibration when operating machines.

While it may be considered that DPS may also develop through physical limb injuries (including those occurring in childhood) where a major nerve has been damaged for life, and as a result, there is a continual measure in ‘bottle necking’ to cause the characteristic resistance and surge aspect of this disorder (with increasing effect, to greater manifestation as the body ages and nerve tissues lose elasticity). To a certain degree some of the nerve synapses may well be re routed as the body compensates for the damaged nerve cells and the extent of such injuries may not become fully apparent until such time; as to when the central nerve is directly effected or the condition of the spinal column compounds the synapse imbalance with additional imbalances.

Typical symptoms may include, pins and needle's sensations, tingling and warmth feelings, current rushes and muscle twitching in a limb and a longer time period for a limb to achieve a relaxed state (in comparison to the other limbs).

Further symptoms towards diagnosis include noticeable aspects in occurrence as the body relaxes for sleep. These include, impromptu limb jerks, rushing of synapse charges up the central nerve resulting in momentary dizziness, drying and tingling in the wet areas of the mouth, echo in the ear chamber, buzzes and popping sensations in the brain. It should be noted that such symptoms may only occur spasmodically during time of stress, and at times when the spinal discs are dehydrated sufficiently to magnify the resistance and surge aspect in synapse to these noticeable measures. Akin to this, any disorientation in a response synapse, reflecting the prior conditioning of the returning response synapses, occurring within the area of the brain, may result in a mirrored misdirection; producing feelings of anxiety, and other mental aspects to occasional illusion and hallucination as the brain readapts to these fluctuations.

In my experience, physiotherapy and exercises to gently stretch the spine to alleviate the restricted compressed nerve ways with an increase in fluid intake to assist disc dehydration drastically reduces the aspect in ‘bottle necking’ to allow unhindered flow in synapses through the blood brain barrier; while supplements like Borage oil will assist in maximising the natural dopamine production in the Adrenal glands.

Alleviating physical pressure and locally treating damaged areas of nerve tissue where appropriate, upon all the nerve branches and central nerve returning the response synapses will obviously reduce the destruction of cells in the brain. With the central nerve and branches running very close to the surface of the back; it should be possible to correlate and measure synapse power levels with adaptation of modern technology, identifying the unwanted drops in the synapses charge in energy, towards pin pointing where localised treatments (that may include stimulating nerve fibres using Tens to improve muscle tone and realign nerve cells ‘clearing pathways so to speak’ to actively direct the route of the synapses) to eradicate hardened ganglions and the subsequent ‘bottle necks.’ In short there is in fact more treatments readily available to reducing neurological disorders than the topping up of depleted dopamine levels.

It may also be worth considering for a moment, that while the hardening of the nerve tissue at ‘the blood brain barrier,’ may restrict the flow of naturally produced dopamine's (that assist to channel or carry the synapses) it appears that to a certain extent, the consumption of Synthetic dopamine's (as found in prescribed levadopa medicines) borne within their various chemical compound carriers, may enable gateways to operate through the thickened walls, and accordingly the aspect in physiotherapy may reduce the need or necessitate a change in prescribed doses in synthetic levadopa.
I had an MRI scan done in 2002. This showed a spur of bone that appeared as if it was pressing perilously close to my nervous system.

It was indicated at the time that I had experienced some trauma and that my spine was trying to stabilise itself.

I also remembered reading at the time that a number of people dx'd with parkinsons had problems with the C6/C7 vertebrae.

That coupled with my poor posture thanks to my career in IT, driving and typing, won't have helped.

I had that scan done before I saw a neuro, this was a BUPA appointment with a general surgeon to prove my tremor wasn't due to tumours or brain damage.

I got to keep my scan and showed it to neuro who didn't see anything untoward with it.

My worry was 'what if the spur continued to grow?' fearing it would slice right through nerves and render me paralysed. (If you saw the picture you would understand my concern.

In fact if anyone wants to see it I'll scan it in and e-mail it. It's still hanging above the mantelpiece.

It may go some way to explain what's happening below my neck, but doesn't explain the Parkinson's mask, excess saliva, unblinking eyes.

Although I have been told I had very narrow nasal passages! Which came as a shock considering the the size of my nose.
Hi Eck,

In answer to the aspects of saliva, lack of blinking, etc., two things spring to mind.

First being that the nerve branches controlling the kidney and adrenal gland (where natural dopamines are refined) may be effected by the condition of the spine due to its compression and the state of muscle tone in that region, such that synapses are disturbed or weakened effecting the response signals heading back to the brain. I do know for a fact that adrenaline and dopamine is fed to the brain from the kidney region!:grin:

Second thought; If synapses are 'conditioned' such that they are behaving in a particular orientation, then upon reaching the brain, this may well mean that they are connecting or making connections in a haphazard way to stimulate brain cells that would not normally be stimulated and this disorientation would then have the knock on effect of unwanted side effects.

I am only proposing a theory as I do not have any medical training or deeper knowledge as the neurologist should have.

Regards Andy
A third aspect springs to mind.

If there is a loss of cells in the brain or idle/dead cells (due to a previous surge in synapses), then the following 'response' synapses are going to connect with the next nearest cell that will accept the synapse along their pathway. Which again may trigger response in cells that would not normally be in the direct path.

Regards
Andy
Just a note to say.

After corrections to poor English and typo errors, etc., more useful research information has now been added to the article.

http://sites.google.com/site/beauxreflets/dps

Kind regards

Andy
Hi Beauxreflets and Eck,

Got to be honest, i've only skimed through all you've written above but two things jumped out at me. The first being about injury to the spinal column/nerve ends? I injured these about 11yrs ago as i pulled myself off a rowing machine onto the metal bar during exercising and doc said i'd damaged/bruised my nerve endings!! The second was after having an mri 5yrs ago (due to right shoulder freezing type problem)i was told my c6/7 (or 5/6?) was bulging out but not enough to cause my body spasms that i was encountering at the time or pressing on any nerve.
Interesting stuff!!

Diane
Hi Diane,

There are two important aspects that spring to mind through this theory. Last updated 2nd December 2001 http://sites.google.com/site/beauxreflets/dps

Firstly, where childhood injuries or abnormalities result in subsequent lack of growth in the areas of bone tissue through which nerves pass there will be continual effects upon Synapse from the ‘bottle necking’ and permanent scarring. Secondly, any ‘conditioning’ aspect set upon individual cells effected by the altered synapse patterns, may be reflected in their subsequent renewal, promoting a continual degeneration of the cell properties.

Only to add, that with the additional physiotherapy and exercises to address the injuries, I now feel things have started to be turned around.

Only time will tell.

The downward tide that made me describe my condition, "As if old age had come early.", now has a more positive ring. " As I now feel I am getting some of my life back with a little feeling of Spring in my being" And that is something we all no doubt need and deserve.
1 Like

Hi I hope you can help me. I’ve read though briefly some of your head in notes about DPS and I’m wondering whether you could answer me some questions I too have been suffering with C4 C5 and C6 spinal cervical and also mnd related symptoms muscle twitches strange Sensation through my body EMG nerve conduction study neurologist says everything is clear and I’m now wondering whether I do have Parkinson’s Disease every now and again through the day I get a funny strange feeling through my body like a rush of adrenaline or some Chemical muscle twitches intensifier and my eyes go funny and I get palpitations I’m wondering whether you can link this in with what you said and whether I do have Parkinsons I’d love to hear from you

1 Like

Hi Flowers71,
To my knowledge and thinking, the term Parkinson’s Disease covers a host of neurological disorders that are collectively diagnosed, categorised through the traits, symptoms and effects in common. ie. For some, one or more causes are somewhat understood, but in a certain percentage of people with PD, the cause may not be readily apparent or characterised. In these cases, the origin of the condition is said to be idiopathic.

My notes about DPS were written & shared accordingly towards trying to understand certain aspects that exist under the Idiopathic Parkinson’s Disease umbrella; Hopefully assisting towards potential ‘roadmaps’ in the development of treatments conquering such an awful condition.

Kind regards
Andy