Periodic limb movement disorder (PLMD)

Hi

Apologies if this has already been covered… but I couldn’t find a topic on exactly the same subject.

I have PLMD problems, and my legs twitch a lot when I’m asleep. I don’t have restless leg when I’m awake.

Anybody got ideas for minimising the twitching?

I was diagnosed with PD 2-3 years ago, but had the twitching for quite a few years before that. It doesn’t happen all the time, but most nights. It doesn’t wake me up, but I tend to feel tired in the mornings.

Thanks

Hi @Nick84, :wave:

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m sure you’ll be hearing some of our members with their own experiences with twitching in the legs, however, in the meantime you can check out what they have shared in the past on this topic here: Why do my calves twitch constantly?

We also have a lot of information on restless leg syndrome on our website which also includes tips that you may find helpful, please visit our website here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/restless-legs

Lastly, we have a confidential and free helpline with a team of advisers who have a great deal of knowledge on this topic so feel free to give us a call when you can on 0808 800 0303 or email us at [email protected].

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager

Thanks Reah, there’s some really good information at those links

1 Like

Glad it was helpful, @Nick84. :slightly_smiling_face: