PIP claim

I hope you are all bearing up and staying safe during the lockdown. I was just wondering if anyone has made a PIP claim recently (during the lockdown) and how it had progressed.
Whatever - take care - stay safe.

Hi, I had my pip assessment via a telephone consultation last week and got the result in the post today. I didn’t score any points so have been told I’m unable to claim anything. Originally I had a face to face appointment scheduled but this got cancelled which is why it was a telephone assessment but how they can make a call on your mobility when they aren’t looking at you amazes me. I will be appealing but I’m not hopeful. Good luck if you have a claim in the system

Hi @Southport_Mark
Welcome back to the forum. Our helpline is always here to help you on 0808 800 0303 - they are open Monday - Friday 9 am to 7 pm, Saturday 10 am to 2 pm (closed sunday and bank holidays). Or you can email us on [email protected]. It might be worth giving them a ring to discuss your reconsideration as they will put you in touch with the team who can help/advice.

Kind regards

Sue - Moderation Team

Hi Sue

Thank you, I’ll certainly give them a call

Hello Southport_Mark. Thanks. No claim in the system yet but I am considering claiming again - probably next week. Best wishes - take care - stay safe