Pip

i would say thats great news about time paper work should be enough all the time with pd.

I was quite surprised Gus after hearing other stories, but I won't count my chickens just yes lol

i think your home & dry ! if you send enough  paperwork in & photos of meds,living aids i think you cant go wrong !all the best

Thank you Gus, in the dismal world of Parkinsons it would really help lol

Did you have atos asses your claim,as i had them as well when i went in to esa support group ,i wonder if there not so bad ! And all the problems are with capita

just read your post maybe both of them are coming round !

Wow, good news indeed. It took me 3 visits to ATOS when they reassessed benefits. On the 3rd visit someone actually turned up.

I am still waiting for PIP. I am sick of being poked and prodded. It makes you feel like a circus freak. I wish someone would just phone up and say the same.

Morph

Sorry to here your experience morph.  The system so far has been a shambles from what I've read. I really hope you hear soon xx

I had a letter today apologising for the delay with my claim.  Letter stated they had everything required to make a decision and I should hear in next few days.  As the letter was dated 19th, I thought I'd call to see if decision has been made.  I have been told my claim has been successful and written conformation was posted last Friday!

Well done Ali  that is good news , glad to hear your claim was successful

great  news

I have contacted the undertaker.......I feel I am more likely to require him than be awarded PIP. Pleased to hear someone was successful at least it proves they still exist,

Morph

Phoned ATOS yesterday all their systems were down.......what a surprise! Inefficiency is their by word.

hi saturn,you will find the dla  posting quite interesting !

Thanks Gus. I read and posted my frustration.

no problem saturn

Same here Saturn - put a submission in on 23 January and am still waiting - phoned atos today who said they had received my file and I should hear about an assessment date in a short while ..... They said the same thing two months ago.  I am dreading the assessment ... I feel I am being judged by someone who has no idea what it is like to live with parkinsons!

i bet I am then told that I don't qualify for any help, despite the cramps, poor walking, tremors , pain etc etc and I will feel like a fraud -I hate this confounded disease !,,

If your a fraud then so am i, i'm sitting here in agony, the pills are a patch but they don't cure the pain i just take it, and as for a tos it's the standard fob off answer you me and everyone else gets. I am also dreading the assessment but i wont hold back even though i know it's stacked against us.

I feel the same as everyone - am I making a fraudulent claim?? - then I think ' no I'm not, I have a genuine debilitating disease'. Things I once used to able to do unaided has changed to needing help in almost every move I make, regardless of how small, which makes me frustrated. I use my hubby as a zimmer frame by holding on to him whenever we go out because of my unbalance and afraid of falling! Then as everyone says we have to be assessed by someone who does'nt know or understand about PD, not enough people know or should be made to understand how we feel, especially about being persecuted.

Sheila

I said to atos when chasing my application submitted in January ..."so I should expect to hear by the end of the year then ?"  The nice young man confirmed yes most probably.  Is it really acceptable to take a year or more to process a claim!