Pip

Yes all done Gus filled out for me, hospital letters, supporting letter from pd nurse & support worker i even wrote a 2 page letter my worst day, i have requested a home visit, support worker requested a paper based assessment, Just have too wait now.

did you write the two page letter,this would have been not a good ideal as it shows your capable to use your fingers & hands ,did you send pictures of all your meds !

And if i could take pictures i could hold and use a camera?Equally a bad idea?.

i think you could say someone else took pictures, but hey good luck sea angler smile

Hi all,

We're really concerned about how PIP is working for people with Parkinson's. We're just about to put together a response to an Independent Review of PIP, so we can highlight exaclty where it's going wrong and how things need to change.

If you've applied for PIP and you'd like to help strengthen Parkinson's UK's submission, please tell us your experience by filling in our short, anonymous survey.

The link is here - http://surveys.parkinsons.org.uk/s/PIPsurvey

Thanks!

Phil

Hi Phil 

Filled in the survey and found it confusing as it only seemed to be aimed at people who are chainging from DLA to pip , I never claimed DLA but had my pip claim refused as I didn't score enough points even though I had to have a home assessment , went through a mandatory reconsideration and was awarded enhanced living and mobility.

maybe a rethink on the survey would give a better picture of everyones views ,

Live well.  Cc

Hi Phil

whats going wrong??

We all know the nature of parkinsons including the Gov

How does someone score zero points in either PIP or ESA  and should the form fit the illness and not the answer fit the question avoiding how the illness effects the claimant .e,g in ESA can you climb a set of 3 stairs you can only answer yes even if you have extreme difficulty.

Hi Cheshire Cat, Sea Angler

Thanks for that feedback, I'm sorry it gave that impression. The first couple of questions are focused on DLA reassessments, but the rest of the survey is mainly about evidence gathering and is relevant for anyone, however they've applied. However, I have added a new option, so you can now pick 'I didn't recieve DLA, I applied for PIP as a new claimant'.

Thanks for your feedback too Sea Angler, it sounds like an obvious question, but it's really important that we capture the views and experiences of people affected by Parkinson's.

Phil