Please help with our research - Psychological and Social aspects of PD

Hi everyone

I am a researcher at the University of Hertfordshire, currently in the 2nd year of my PhD. My research investigates the role of dance classes for people with Parkinson’s disease. As part of this work, I am specifically looking at role of social interaction, music and movement that make up the dance experience. In order to explore this further, an online survey has been created to understand the level and type of social interaction that people with Parkinson’s disease are currently involved in. The survey will also investigate self reported physical symptoms and mood of participants.

What is involved?

This research study is using an online survey to collect data into the psychological, physical and social aspects of Parkinson’s disease. We are looking for participants that have Parkinson’s disease, no matter what stage. You will need to click the link below, which will take you to the survey.

The survey will take approximately 30-45mins in total to complete (you can save your answers and come back to them at a later date, so you can complete this in smaller chunks) and will ask you questions regarding your symptoms and medications as well as your mood and social interactions.

The link to the survey is:
http://sdu-surveys.herts.ac.uk/parkinsons

We are looking for as many participants as possible to complete this survey, so do feel free to pass this link on to anyone you think will be interested.

This project is being supervised by Dr Peter Lovatt and has been approved by the University of Hertfordshire ethics committee, protocol number: PSY/01/13/AH. My email address is: [email protected], please contact me if you have any questions or comments.

Thank you in advance for your support

Warm regards

Amelia Hall

PhD Student
University of Hertfordshire

This post has been authorised by the Parkinson's UK research admin
Hi everyone

Thanks to all those who took the time to read my post and completed the questionnaire. Also, we are still looking for as many people as possible to complete the survey, so if anyone that's interested in this research and haven't completed it already, we would be really grateful if you could help us out. Again, feel free to contact me if you have any questions or queries.

Thanks again

Amelia Hall
Hi everyone

One final push. I still need a number of participants before i take the survey down. So if anyone is interested, please can you complete the survey as soon as possible, as i need to take it offline in the coming weeks.

Kind Regards
Amelia
I have Parkinsons & belong to Parkinsons UK but live in France. Could I be of any help or not?
Meg
Hi Meg

Yes, it would be great if you could fill in the survey. All the questions should be relevant to you- although if you find any that arent, please just leave them blank or write n/a. Thank you in advance

Kind Regards
Amelia