Pregabalin induced parkinsons

Hi Everyone, i hope you are all ok today . I have been on pregabablin for 3 years 450 Mg at night to help with insomnia and anxiety. 3 years down the line I appear to be getting Parkinson’s ? Has anyone heard of the link ? I have teeth chattering , shocking memory , tremor mild at present

Hi @Davey and welcome to the forum!

How are you feeling today? I am sorry that you are having these unsettling symptoms and I’m sure that other members of the forum will share any information or experiences that might be of help to you. I was just wondering whether you have discussed this with your GP and what they thought about it. Have you been referred to a neurologist yet?

Best wishes,
Mara
(Moderation Team)

Hi no not discussed yet with GP as cardinal symptoms have crept up on me , lost sense of smell 12 months ago and started having short term memory issues at the same time. I have found that i have brushing door frames instead of walking through for 6 months but the last week the BAlance and tremors have really kicked in

Hi @Davey,

Just picking up from where Mara left off, I think you should definitely speak to your GP about your symptoms. Sleep problems including insomnia are common in Parkinson’s along with the other symptoms,mild memory and thinking problems and tremor.

However, it would be in your best interest to speak to a health professional about what you’ve been experiencing lately so that they can get to the bottom of this.

Our free helpline is here to answer any questions you might have about Parkinson’s, feel free to give us a call 0808 800 0303.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Reah