Prescribed drugs )PD

Is any one having difficult getting their medication? Pharmacy says its not available now 2 people have said that they are waiting more than7 days what are we to do?

Please Help

My pharmacy has had difficulty getting Madopar 125, but was able to get me Madopar 62.5. I suggest that if your pharmacy continues to have difficulties you contact your GP about alternatives.

Hi,
I am faced with the same problem. On the last occasion I ordered my prescription from the pharmacy, I had to wait for 2 weeks, I take co-careldopa in 25/100 mg strength. Whilst waiting, I visited numerous other Pharmacists to see if they had any but my understanding is that they all get their supplies from the same wholesaler so if one pharmacist cannot obtain supplies the others cannot either. I pursued the matter with my GP and somehow from somewhere he was able to obtain a small quantity but of a lower strength 12.5/50 mg. I now order my prescriptions well in advance so that I know before I run out if I am faced with a problem of supply. I am due for a delivery next Tuesday 14th April so I will commence harassing my pharmacist a week before to determine if there is still a problem and I will have some time kick up a fuss - if necessary,

exactly the same problem AAH pharmacuticals supply everybody.

i will try the GPs but I dont hold out great hope we have been waiting a over 7 days now.

Got the 50mg today but not the full amount still no sign of the 100mgy if we have to make it up with 50s we will be out again very shortly. Still got surgery to chase for me no reply as yet. Stresses we can do without.
The PD nurse who is always a lifeline for us has now been diverted to other tasks as I suspected would happen.

good luck everybody

Hi everyone, :wave:

I’m really sorry to hear that you’ve all been experiencing delays with receiving your medication.

In light of the Coronavirus, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) are doing some work to understand the impact of the supply chain, as many medications are manufactured in Wuhan, China or Northern Italy.

This is something that could potentially impact Parkinson’s medications. The DHSC are currently conducting an assessment of the supply issues so they’ve asked us to report any supply issues we hear about to them. Therefore, I have added your comments to our list and will be sharing it with my wider team who are in constant communication with the DHSC. I will update you all as soon as I have more information to share with you.

In the meantime, please take care.

Best wishes,
Reah

Hi Reah -I was without Selegiline for 10 days two weeks ago. I had to find a substitute as Rasagiline. With good wishes, David

Hi @dbeals126,

I’m sorry that you had to experience that. I will add this to the list of shortages and will inform my team.

Best wishes,
Reah

Ive been changed from the 1.25 mg dissolve under tongue selegiline to the 10mg oral tablet as the dissolve under tongue version is no longer made . Im finding the 10mg tablet is making me feel awful for the morning,light headed .
Ive tried reducing my sinemet plus which helped the dizziness but then had troulble with wearing off so went back up
Does anyone else find theyre having problems ? Is it just a matter of getting used to it?
Jan

I take sinemet 125mg & 62.5mg also entacapone 200mg also azilect brand name ,not generic rasagline and I have not had any problems yet fingers crossed. It’s worth trying different chemist as they deal with different suppliers. Asda normally a good one as not so many people use them like boots. I get mine from wessex pharmacy also Wells chemist is a good one.i live in Weymouth Dorset. But if your having trouble getting rasagline ask for Azilect some doctors don’t like giving these as they are more expensive from US,but if you stand your ground normally give in just like co caradopa these are generic as well Sinemet is the brand name. Teva are the manufacturer

Hi there,

I’m using Stanek 150mg/37.5mg/200mg tablets manufactured by Teva UK Ltd at the moment. When I requested a repeat prescription my local Boots informed me that this tablet was out of production and would not be available until June. I checked online and it seems that the pharmacies were informed of this back in February but of course not the prescribing GPs or users.
I went back to my GP who produced a replacement prescription for Stalevo manufactured by Orion Pharma UK Ltd. This is now in the process of being dispensed.

I will post a progress report later.

Keith

friend of mine on stavelo was about 10 days loate getting them but ok now.

This may be anxious times