Primary Care Network [PCN]

As I have mentioned before my GP’s referred me to the local
Bexhill Primary Care Network [PCN]. It took a couple of months after an illness delayed her visit but I saw their representative last week. We had already had interaction by email. She asking me questions & me asking her questions.

About Bexhill PCN

The [new GP contract was published in early 2019 as part of the [NHS Long Term Plan. A key element of the new contract is the development of Primary Care Networks (PCNs) which bring GP practices together with other local services – such as community, mental health, social care and the voluntary sector to look after local populations.

PCNs help to join up services at a local level, focusing on the specific needs of these local populations, with patients still accessing routine GP appointments as they do now.

In Bexhill, our GP practices have joined together to form the Primary Care Network.

Our surgery teams are working closely with each other, enjoying the ability to share expertise and resources, to develop new services. We want to improve the quality of care that we provide in alignment with the need of our patient population.

Together we are working towards a healthier community.

So we sat down together for over an hour in my 1 bedroom flat where I live alone.
She had a file on me & clearly had done work before visiting me …

Had I received my Blue disability badge? … Yes.
Had my Attendance Allowance been agreed? … Yes. I told her I had got the lower amount, which will be worth £72 a week & is not means tested.

She said she would ring me & fill out a Personal Independence Payment form for me.

She also looked into whether I got a reduction on my car tax, which I did not qualify for.

She asked me if I had seen the Occupational team … I said I had & they have since raised the height of my sitting room chair, put safety rails in my bathroom & delivered a support to help me get off the toilet.

She asked what other concerns I had …

I told her that I had been in hospital for an
A-Fib attack & I was told I was to get Cardio-Version but had not heard anything.
She has contacted the Cardio Hospital Team for me & they are looking into my case.

Also that I had been diagnosed with Peripheral Neuropathy & tests had proved the diagnosis. I had certain blood tests but again I had heard nothing further.

She told me that she would arrange a GP appointment for me so that I could talk to a GP about these matters. So on Saturday I saw a GP & asked the questions …

I was told that I did not have Diabetes & my B12 reading was normal so there was nothing that could be done for me. He did suggest that I double the Amitriptyline
I am taking from 10mg a day to 20mg a day which I have done.

I also told him that my NHS Neurologist had returned to his country & that I had no Neurologist. He told me that I should address any concerns I had to my excellent Parkinson’s nurse, who I am due to see in April.

He did confirm that there was nothing that could be done to aid my mobility issues.

There is help out there for us. Certainly on non-medical concerns.

Hope the above is of interest. If anyone has any questions please ask.
Best wishes
Steve2

It’s great to hear that you’ve received your Blue disability badge and that your Attendance Allowance has been agreed upon. The support you’re receiving from the Occupational team, including adjustments to your sitting room chair and safety rails in your bathroom, is essential for maintaining your well-being. Regarding your health concerns, it’s positive that the representative is actively following up on your case. The investigation into your A-Fib attack and the communication with the Cardio Hospital Team are crucial steps. Additionally, the confirmation that there’s nothing more that can be done for your mobility issues is valuable information.

1 Like

Thanks deborah621

Steve2