Private diagnosis due to covid delays

Hi
My mums doctor has told her he thinks she has Parkinson’s but the waiting list for nhs tests are long at the moment. We noticed slight symptoms last year but the last few months we have seen a massive deterioration so we are thinking of getting a private diagnosis.
Any tips on what we should look for in a neurologist? Or any recommendations for London or essex ?
My mum has one weird symptom - her skin on one hand is a very dark colour and bruises really easily- is this relates ?
Many thanks

Hi @Nat29, :wave:

A warm welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

We have a lovely community so I’m sure you’ll here from some of our members with their advice. In the meantime, I would advise you to speak to one an adviser via our confidential helpline about speaking to a private neurologist. They have a lot of knowledge in this area and can provide you with the right information and support. Do give us a call on 0808 800 0303 or email us at [email protected].

We also have information on how best to prepare for an appointment with a consultant which you may find useful. You can find this information via our website here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/questions-ask-my-gp

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager