Problems Finding Rotigotine Patches

My husbands medication has been switched to Rotigotine 4mg patches. We are having awful problems getting any. We have tried over 20 different chemist and all are saying the same that they can’t get any fron the supplier. The consultant really wanted to try my husband on the patches as Ropinirole had no effect at all. He also said if the patches didn’t work then there arr other treatments he can try. Wondering if it’s just best to wait it out to see if it’s just a short term problem with the Rotigotine Patches being in short supply.

Hi LIzzyg, I got 2mg Ritigotine patches last week from Lloyds in Manchester. Good luck!

Thanks Dave we have tried several Llyods but will keep trying. How long have you been on the patches and how you finding them?

Hi Lizzyg, I started 8 months ago. They stopped my restless legs immediately and improved my sleep, now get 7-8 hours every night.

That’s brilliant Dave. Hoping it helps my husband with his tremor which has become so much worse since being on Ropinirole. The worseness as instant withing two hours of him taking the first dose.

Thanks once again and all the best.

My mum has 4 mg patches they’ve been a game changer. Before she was so stiff she couldn’t get out of bed, she’s been on them for about 4 years, started on 2 mg but noticed the difference in 3 days. No problem with getting them, the pharmacy orders them in.

We managed to get some in the end. My husband has been on them for four days had no effect at all, same as Ropinirole. I think he will be one of these that doesn’t react to treatment but we do have a list to go down if each one doesn’t work. Think he may need some of the stronger treatments. However he is being very patient and understands its all trial and error until he finds the right one for him.

Thanks for your reply.

Hi everyone, I have just been prescribed rotigotine patches 2 mg going up if necessary to 8 mg after Sinemet did not agree with me. Can some one tell me is it better to be on the brand name Neupro or does it not make any difference. I am asking because I don’t feel too good on them just like Sinemet. I just hope I am not some one for whom none of the Pd meds work which is somewhat depressing. I do not have a problem getting the patches by the way.
Thanks for your reply/advice.