Questions for Musicians with Parkinson's!

Hello all!

I am a bioengineering student working on a capstone project with Parkinson’s patients, specifically musicians. I would like to develop resources to help musicians get care and help that can keep them performing as long as possible! If this is you, I would SO appreciate if you could answer a few simple yes/no questions for me to help me get a better scope of your needs/ expreiences in therapy thus far.

Three yes/no questions can be found in the link below, and if you could fill that out I would be so grateful! (questions are coppied below)

Musicians with PD survey

Additionally, if this applies to you, I would love to hear about your experiences in music, how PD affected your ability to play, therapies that have helped, and anything else you might like to share. Thank you so much for your time, and I look forward to learning about your experiences!

Questions from google form:

Have you sought occupational and/or physical therapy specifically to help in your ability to play a musical instrument?

Would a website/ online space where you can 1) connect with other musicians with Parkisnon’s and 2) find therapists in your area that have experience working with musicans be helpful to you?

Do you believe involvement in music has impacted how well you manage your PD symptomes, and if so has this been positive or negative?

I don’t know how I would manage life without music. It’s not only playing but also the social aspect of being involved in bands. My problem at the moment is that I am not able to consistently reach high notes and I’m sure that is PD affecting the muscles of my embouchure. A therapist who understands these issues and can suggest exercises/strategies to help would be fantastic. I had real problems with tremor before I started on Madopar but (for the time being at least) that has gone away. I play tenor horn and french horn.