Rasigiline

Hi I got my diagnosis confirmed on 1/3/19 and have been prescribed rasigiline once daily … I didn’t get any leaflet with it so just wondered is it best to take a certain time of day ? Do I need to take same time of day ? Any advice please ?

I have the same presription and the leaflet with mine doesn’t say anything about when it should be taken. I take mine in the morning bacause for me that makes it easier to remember.

Hi @Madwife5676,

How have you been since your diagnosis? Finding out you have Parkinson’s affects everyone differently, so it’s completely understandable if you’re feeling overwhelmed at the moment. We have a ‘newly diagnosed’ section on our website with the information you’ll need at this stage of your Parkinson’s journey, including a guidebook with a list of info and support you’ll which you can also download. You can find this section here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/newly-diagnosed-parkinsons.

If you’re unsure about when you should take your medication, you should go back to your GP or neurologist and ask for more clarity on this. Everyone is different and I’m confident you’ll receive some good advice from our members based on their own experience, however, If you’d like more support on this or would like to speak to a Parkinson’s nurse, please give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303, they’d be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes,
Reah

My neurologist told me to take the rasigiline first thing then long release ropinirole 2 hours later, seems to work for me quite well.

Hiya Madwife5676, As Reah said we are all different with our meds and when we take them. I have had parkinsons for eight years, have been on Ropinirole XL slow release from the start of being diagnosed and have only just been prescribed 1mg Rasagaline (Azilect) in the evening to back up my meds.
Best to speak to your PD nurse

I have ben taking 1mg azilect for about 2 years now, I take it at last thing at night along with 2x 8mg requip xl. I am also on trial drug accordance. plus Sinemet if required. I also inject exenatide(bydureon) once week . plus magnesssium

Taking it at night may keep you awake

1 Like