Reasonable Travel Insurance

Does anyone know of a travel Insurance Co that will give reasonable rates for someone with Parkinson's travelling abroad.  I have tried to get insurance and have either been refused or quoted about £800.

We use Just Travel most of the time but its worth checking out various comparison sites to get the best deals.

I think we paid about £60 for one week. That is for 2 x pre-existing condition policies.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/pre-existing-travel-insurance

Obviously it depends on what amount of cover you want but don't let them get you paying over the odds.

Hope you get a good deal because you're getting ripped off big time at £800!!!

Poker wink

Thanks Poker that's very useful information.  Needless to say I didn't book the travel insurance for £800.  As you say, such a rip off especially as I have only recently been diagnosed.

I remember reading in the Parkinsosn magazine that PUK have some arrangement with a travel insurance company but can't remember the name.

Calling Admin. please.

I have also heard good reports about a company called Staysure.

That link doesn't work.

I checked out the Unique web site and it states that they no longer undertake travel insurance. 

Hi Pokermid, 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'm going to raise that with the relevant teams here! 

Sue, I'm going to do some investigating for you today, I hope to have an answer for you tomorrow. 

Hi all, 

I've confirmed that Parkinson's UK has a partnership with Unique Insurance, if you have any issues with obtaining a quote then please do not hesitate to contact the helpline. Call Unique Insurance on 0800 561 0147 or email Unique@ajg.com for more information.

Thanks

Kat

Thanks everyone you've been most helpful. Benji,  I've tried stayshore and they were expensive.

Kat, I'll phone Unique tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

I  rang Unique this morning and managed to get single trip insurance with pre-existing conditions of Paarkinson's and High blood pressure for just under £34.  A good result.

Thank you to all advice, particularly Kat who gave me the number for Unique.

Hi Sue, 

That's fantastic news. A much better price than £800! 

Feel free to ask for my help anytime and have a great holiday!

Kat