Recently diagnosed

HI I AM AGED 71 AND WAS DIAGNOSED LAST YEAR,BUT HAD PROBLEMS EARLIER.I WAS STARTED ON MADAPOR 3 A DAY OF 62.5 IN NOVEMBER I WAS INCREASED TO ONE CONTROLLED RELEASE MADAPOR OF 125 AND STARTED ON ROPINOROLE 3 TIMES A DAY OF 1MG.I HAVE NO TREMOR BUT MY LEGS HAVE GRADUALLY GOT WORSE AND I AM FINDING WALKING DIFFICULT ESPECIALLY THE LAST TWO WEEKS,AND FEEL THE ROPINEROLE HAVE NOT HELPED AT ALL.I BELIEVE THIS IS A LOW DOSE BUT DO NOT GO BACK TO THE NEUROLOGIST UNTIL MAY,ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Hi I am sorry you seem to be having so many problems. It would probably be best to return to see your doctor.
Hello Anne

Do you have a pd nurse you could speak to? Sometimes they are able to help get you an earlier appt with the neuro. Or failing that, is it possible your GP has instructions to make small changes to your meds when you need it?
thats a very small dose of both but especially th ropinerole. do you have a pd nurse to pass on a message to the neuro?
ps sorry M for repeating what you said
THANK YOU FOR THE REPLIES,I HAVE CONTACTED THE PARKINSONS NURSE AND I HAVE TO REDUCE THE ROPINOROLE AND CONTACT HER NEXT WEEK,HOPEFULLY I WILL GET SORTED OUT!
Hi Anne29 Ii found your post very interesting . If they try to up my dose of madopar to just one extra 62.5 after 3 days I have to stop taking it because it affects my mobility I also take requip.i have been on the same dose now for over 3 yrs. I don't have a tremor.Also 4 yrs ago my dose of MAdopar was increased to125 ifelt so ill my mobility was no how.ive since read that this that can be a side affect of madopar.
Although my worse time is in a morning with stiffness I am happy to keep my dose low.But everyone reacts differently to medication so do what's best for you.Regards
HI ANGEL FOR U, THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY,I WAS SPEAKING TODAY TO SOMEONE WHO SAID IT TOOK THEM NEARLY 2 YEARS TO GET THEIR MEDICATION SORTED OUT BUT ONCE THEY DID THEY STAYED ON THE SAME FOR AT LEAST 4 YEARS,SO THAT ALSO IS GOOD TO KNOW
Hi, I think it depends on the person. Some tablets, or. combinations of tablets suit one person, but maybe would not suit another. Everyone is different. I have had PD for about 40 years, well I was diagnosed 33 years ago. I have the inhereted type of PD . It does not progress as quickly ,so, maybe that would have a bearing on things. I do take Madapor but only a very small dose, I also take Co-careldopa/sinemet plus, which are generically the same. At the moment I am happy with how things are going. But I tend to expect certain things such as changes in mobility, and I just accept these sort as things as the natural progression of PD and get on with my life best way I can. I don't believe you can sort everything out. But, that is just my opinion, and I am happy. But, naturally, I respect the fact that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if there is something they are not happy then they should tell threir GP/Parkinsons Nurse or neuro.