Recumbant trike

I was a keen cyclist but since I've been diagnosed with Parkinson's I have been struggling to do as much my cordination and balance are poor and I get tired and then I am in danger of falling off. 

I have solved the problem with a motor assist recumbant trike.

I can now cycle and keep up with my friends and husband and it is such good fun.

Also when I go out everyone smiles and chats to me. It cheers me up when I am feeling down.

I have met 2 men who have had strokes and one lady with MS with the same trikes.

Are there any on this forum maybe interested in meeting up for rides?

Would love to - where are you? I'm in south west. 

what make & model is your bike?

S

Ice sprint.

I am based in Worcestershire. 12 miles west of Birmingham.

Also spend a lot of time on the mid Wales coast.

The ice sprint looks a great way to cycle!

i am just about hanging in there on my road bike, but can't go nearly as far or as fast as I used to. 20-25 miles max round trip out now. We have a tandem too so if terrain suits we go a bit further on that, but its harder work on the hills. I don't  have any confidence cycling in traffic or groups now. I did buy an elect bike in February but it was too heavy for me to get it safely in & out of store at home and it unbalanced me when I stopped on a sloping lane & I fell sideways breaking my collar bone. Ten weeks off any bike while it healed seemed like forever! I have worked hard to regain some strength & fitness this summer but I have to accept that the heady days of leading the pack up hills are very long gone. A trike will be a safer solution when I really feel the need to have elec assistance.

Do you have a vehicle you can transport your trike in or just cycle near home?

Maybe in the spring we could plan a meet up. I am in Somerset near M5, so not an impossibility. Would be good if some others respond to your posting too.

S

The trike is great and so much fun.

It does fold and will go in the back of our car folded or not.

Would love to meet up. 

I have been out with friends on my new trike and had a great ride.