Reducing doseage of co-careldopa, sinemet etc

Has anyone managed to reduce their dose of co-careldopa, sinemet, caramet etc. successfully, after introducing a regular dose of Opicapone, Ropinirole and other drugs that augment dopamine meds? If so, by how much? What were the benefits?
Cheers
D

My HWP did, he was on madopar 125mg 3hrly, plus 4mg ropinerole, when opicapone was introduced he reduced the madopar to 4hrly. Just 1 pill less over 24hrs. However he has more reliable on time since opicapone added. Of course there are many variable days, diet and gut function can throw a spanner in works for him. Every day is a learning day! But hallucinations/compulsive thoughts are not bothersome . He has had them worse in the past. Its a minefield trying to balance medication/diet and symptom control

[quote=“Jandc, post:2, topic:41584”]
However he has more reliable on time since opicapone added
[/quote

@Jandc Hi. I’m on quite a high daily dose of co-careldopa and was suffering greatly from wear off. I’ve been on Opicapone for a few weeks now. It’s amazing; wear off is virtually a thing of the past. That said, I started with the dreaded involuntary movements, twitching, that I now understand to be dyskinesia caused by too much dopamine. I’m trialling slight reductions in my daily doses, trying to find that fine line, although today I reduced a bit too much. I think I’ll be looking at a reduction of 50-75 mg per day, 2 to 3 pills. Time will tell :blush:.
I too take meds every 3 hrs, 5 times daily. I may try every 4 hrs and see how I get on.
Cheers
D