Refused PIP

My partner was diagnosed with PD in 2009 at the age of 42. He has had DLA for the last 6 years at the highest rate of mobility. We were told to apply for PIP and after a medical assessment he has been refused PIP and our DLA will now stop meaning they are taking our car from us by march 17th! Apparently he scored 0! 

He has all the usual problems with PD, but his memory, mobility and speech are creating massive issues at the moment, and has in fact been referred to surgeons for a second DBS surgery!

We have written a reconsideration letter today as we said we wanted to appeal, but it is very worrying considering they scored him 0, when in fact he struggles with the most basic of daily tasks!! 

Can't believe what I'm reading have you spoke to pduk i think this is a story for national papers I'm still waiting to get swapped over i am on high mobility middle care i was told by my pdsw i will go up to high care i have not phoned to get changed just going to wait for letter i also 10 dx with dbs .what second opp is your husband going to have.did your pdsw fill pip paperwork in.

Unbelievable.Unbelievable, Unbelievable

Sarah that is a post that needs to go on Twitter and Facebook 

I am disgusted

How does someone with such disabilities score 0?

We seem too be Justifying ourselves All the time

Justifying a terrible illness

justifying disability

justifying treatment

justifying pills

justifying Humanity

What a Joke.!!!

Pduk step in .what is going on

For some reason I am not able to reply!

Hi Sarah Louise,

I am so sorry to read about your situation. This is really concerning to hear and doesn't sound right at all, please do give us a call on 0808 800 0303 and speak to our benefits adviser. They will be able to help with your appeal and next steps, and I will flag this to the team here too. 

Best wishes,

Joanne - Digital team. 

Hi Joanne, 

It is very worrying, on Monday I sent them back a reconsideration letter like they asked me to do, but even while we appeal they will still take the car! 

This really worries me..what does the future hold ? I work with young adults who all get benefits and they are able to work.BUT choose not too!! They just get put into "different groups" by the job centre so they can then get more money!!99% of them claim DLA etc when there is no reason for them not working.....!It makes my blood boil at the unfairness of it all....I cant believe how benefits work and basically people who have a real disability are picked on and made to literally beg for any help.....my husband is still able to work but struggles daily whilst the lazy people get rewarded.........so so so wrong...

I'm a young adult?

Care to judge me?

Sea angler .....youve obviously misunderstood what I was trying to say. I am the last person to judge anyone otherwise I would not be in the line of work I do....the people I suport are 17/30 years old,they admit themselves they do not want to work they actually say why should they? The council will me etc....my point was aimed at the unfairness of the benefits...not at any group, I was meaning that the DWP are in the wrong for the way they assess people...
* the council will house me* sorry missed some text out.
Sea angler .....youve obviously misunderstood what I was trying to say. I am the last person to judge anyone otherwise I would not be in the line of work I do....the people I suport are 17/30 years old,they admit themselves they do not want to work they actually say why should they? The council will me house me etc....my point was aimed at the unfairness of the benefits...not at any group, I was meaning that the DWP are in the wrong for the way they assess people...

If you declare you cant work for health reasons Babesbrown you are assessed by the dwp and then you may be put into two groups 'wrag' 'work related activity group' that is those who are deemed after assessment may have a likelyhood in the future or some return to work. or placed in the 'support group' those deemed not likely to have a return to work.

the other option if you don't meet that criteria of ESA employment and support allowance is claim JSA, I'm afraid i don't know of any other groups concerning health.

I don't think it's the way people are assessed it is how people are Judged on that assessment that is wrong.

​ How does someone from dwp  come to the decision someone is entitled high care one day on DLA and zero points the next on PiP.

New claimants who are placed in the work related activity group from April will receive 29.40 less a week or 1500 a year in a incentive to push those back into work, the Government has installed a divide and conquer into the public there are endless programs on ch4 and ch5 entitled such as the great 'benefits handout'.

Conquering the sick and disabled and Dividing the public.

Turn2us is a great site, helped me get my case across may be worth a look.  They advise on how to complete forms as easy to get these wrong.  The process is complicated and confusing. 

None of us like to be judged unfairly as people cannot always see or realise what we are dealing with.  Sea Angler agree we should perhaps try not to judge others as maybe they have problems we cannot understand.  There are always some individuals in any group but lets not stereo type a whole section of society.  BB understandable rant  as frustrated angry, am sure a great gal like you did not mean all young adults are skiving benefit grabbers ! 

I have a divide and conquer theory the politicians love it.  The voters complain about services or the lack of them, instead of sticking to the problem we can get distracted.  We turn on each other voter against voter, people against people. Then we are no longer against the government policies but each other.  NHS services  a good example fat people blamed, unemployed, immigrants etc any group of people blamed for lack of funds. No, government you sort it out !,   

Sorry broadcast on behalf of the Tee Hee political party.

I dont blame anyone for having a rant i welcome it otherwise  no one would hear or care whats going on around them  but i'll defend anyone who may be ill so don't take it personally Babesbrown  i also defend your right to rant on what ever it may be

Sea Angler fully agree, if we cannot speak out on here where can we? didnt mean you were against BB in any way, no reason to be a viewpoint expressed, not personal.  Just getting fed up with being attacked personally on another thread because  I went to university and maybe as someone posted I am sad with nothing better to do than tell people what to do on here..... I just thought it was being supportive and caring about others yes I am sad sometimes and this site in general keeps me going through the not so good  times.  Maybe I got carried away with my feelings on the subject of people against people just not in a good place at the moment.x

Hi Sarah, I’ve just had exactly the same thing happen to me, I scored zero on my assessment, and been told I cannot claim PIP and I will have my car taken off me, and my partner will loose her carers allowance…
I was awarded DLA high rate and Motorbility high rate in 2009 by a tribunal judge.
The fact of the matter is… I’ve scored zero on my assessment so the assessor has found a cure for PD in witch case I would like to claim compensation from the hospital that diagnosed me .
People who suffer with pd should avoid stress, I’m going out of my head with worry .
Is there anyone out there going through the same problem.
I will be appealing against this decision, but would like to hear from anyone else going through the same.
Mick.

Hi mick,
It is terrible, and the worry it causes is totally unacceptable!
I sat for hours and wrote an appeal letter, answering each question individually, to be honest it was like they had not even read the application and taken anything into account! We did get pip reinstated after appeal, but I have now had to tell them that my husbands condition is obviously worse and they have said it has to be done as a new claim, so the money could stop, stay the same or increase! How does that work??:rage:
How can it possibly stop? That would mean he has got better, he must be a walking miracle!!!