Requip

I have recently had my medication increases from 3mg 3x daily to 4mg 3x daily.

At first I was given more 1mg tablets to make it up to 4mg. I felt the benefit straight away.

When my prescription (which I have to pay for, that is another topic) was renewed it was for 2x 2mg tablet 3x daily. I have felt that the 2mg tablets are not having the same positive effect as I was getting from the 4x 1mg tablets.

They are not the XL. I have tried those early in my diagnosis and they had little or no effect compared to the standard release. They are the same brand.

I do not understand why this would be the case. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I am going to my pharmacist’s tomorrow to try and find out

Ross

Interesting post, I take Requip XL 8mg and they have little affect. Wondering now if the standard release would make a difference?

Worth trying. The XL were no use for me.

Good luck

Hi @RossHarcombe,

Have you raised this with your GP or Parkinson’s UK? If not, I’d strongly recommend that you contact them to discuss reviewing your medication especially if the tablets are not being effective.

If you’d like speak to someone about this sooner rather than later, please do give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303 from Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm, or you can email hello@parkinsons.org.uk.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Reah

Thanks Reah

I went into my GP’s this morning. The tablets work but not quite as well.

Hi @RossHarcombe,

I’m glad you were able to see your doctor this morning. My advice to you would be to keep monitoring your medication and report any concerns to your Parkinson’s nurse.

All the best,
Reah

Just an update.

I was given an extra prescription for more 1mg tablets. As soon as I changed to 4x1mg my movement and overall mood were greatly improved.

If you are not happy with the medication you are given have it reviewed / changed. We pay for it after all.