Rivastigmine

Hi,

I am new to this forum. My dear husband was diagnosed with Parkinson’s 2 years ago age 56. He has has severe cognitive decline in the last 6 months but physically he is great, strides out on walks etc. I got an emergency appointment and it looks like they will diagnose dementia. We are upset and shocked but they want to start him on Rivastigmine …I am not keen as it seems to increase falls which he does not have. Does anyone ave any thoughts on it?

Take advice before staring this medication. My experience is that it did not do a great deal for their dementia and actually caused a very nasty side effect. Research online.

Thank you, that is how I feel.

Hi. I am new to The Forum. My husband was diagnosed 3 years ago at 73 and has developed Dementia in Parkinson’s. Physically he is very good but increased delusion and confusion is causing real difficulty. He ‘sees’ multiple versions of me and becomes extremely distressed because he cannot be sure which is the real one. Trying to distract him as advised by MH service doesn’t work. I would be so grateful for advice from anyone experiencing similar problems.