Rock steady boxing UK

I have been in touch with RBS in the US to ask when they expect to have coaches in the UK and the response I received is below and sounds promising:

Hi Jayne,

Thank you for contacting RSB. We have our first participants from the UK getting trained next month, and hopefully more to follow.

We recommend working with a local trainer until you have a Rock Steady program in your area.

As soon as a new program starts they’ll be listed on our website: https://rocksteadyboxing.org/find-a-class/

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Sara Roque, Affiliate Services Manager

Rock Steady Boxing, Inc.

6847 Hillsdale Court

Indianapolis, IN 46250

sroque@rocksteadyboxing.org

That should be RSB not RBS… :grin:

Shame I was going to ask them for a loan :blush:

Thanks for the info Jayne x

Ask for me whilst you’re at it please😉

You’re welcome joanie, I’ll let you know if I hear anything else x

If anyone is keen to join a boxing class I have started groups in Solihull and Kenilworth. I also know of groups in Bristol and Droitwich. Please let me know if you’d like more info and I can pass it on. I also know that there is a group of people from around the country currently trying to get a UK programme going to avoid the expense of the RSB training and licensing. Hopefully this will happen soon.

Hi Jayne. I have only just joined the forum and I am still trying to find my way around. However I have watched plenty of videos on RSB and I think it’s fantastic. I already go to the gym 3 times a week and I have now asked one of the trainers to put together a programme for me which she is doing now. I start with her next Wednesday so if you are interested I will keep you informed. I have already done some punchbag work and I felt really good afterwards. Keeping fit is critical in managing Parkinsons. I have had the illness for over 5 years and my gym work has enabled me to live a normal life.

Have a good day. Gymbo

Hi Jayne.
I belong to the Boxing Scotland the Nationally recognised Governing Body for Boxing in Scotland. We are working towards a partnership with RSB here in Glasgow. It’s a great idea to bring this to the UK. Knowing how Parkinson’s affects family life, i am keen to see these classes across our clubs here in Scotland. Rock Steady boxing is well attended here north of the border…