Ropinirole shortage

Hello taffy tom ..i was dx last may ...and started the first week on 2ml then increased to 8ml after over 8 wks ,after around a month and all the common side affects , which did wear off , i felt a lot better .afterr 8 months i was given madapar to take alongside but now seem up and fine one minute and down and out the other have been given 50ml of sertraline to take aswell ,around the same time , wondering if anyone here can bring to light why i feel down more than up ?...hope all goes well .

HI Smudger

Thanks for your reply were you ok on just Ropinerole and is so why did you need other medication. Be interesting to see if other medication is suggested for me. When taking just ropinerole did you see an improvement and if so at what dose.

I was dx last august but only started meds 3 weeks ago as symptoms were not considered bad enough at time of dx.

No experience with madapar or sertraline sorry but i can see from the Parkinson drugs booklet  (available on line or from Parkinson as a hard copy) that they are MAO- B Inhibitors used to support other drugs in early Parkinson. Worth getting this booklet very informative.

Hope this helps

Tom

Hi Smudger,

Please, please, get your GP /PD nurse/neurologist or pharmacist to double check that Sertraline is OK for you. It is not a recommended drug to take alongside Parkinson's meds.

I have posted on the forum before about my friend's father who died taking this combination. Sorry to frighten you, but I have your welfare at heart!

Twinks.

HI Keld

When the prescription was fulfilled, a week later I thought I would take the Requip for one day instead of the generic ( non Heinz )

That night the slight tremor in my hand had gone.

I know it wasn't scientific but it did for me. I went to my doctors and got them to change the prescription to read Requip not just ropinirole. This they did without actually seeing the doctor.

I have had my latest prescription and it was Requip and still no tremors.

I did check the recipes and they were slightly different.

Your right about the anxiety which is a problem anyway. Asda where I was getting them were the ones who changed it in the first place and they didn't seem bothered. Now switched to a local pharmacy.