Rotigotine - coming off it

After almost 10 years on Rotigotine my Dad has been advised to come off it completely (after a gradual reduction). Does anyone have experience of this?
The reason for coming off it is an attempt to reduce the hallucinations being experienced (P.D Nurse has advised this).
Has anyone found that coming off Rotigotine can reduce the severity and frequency of hallucinations (Dad is seeing people in the house when he is alone).
He is currently on 8mg Neupro skin patch (six months ago he was on 14mg). The reduction to 8mg hasn’t had any effect on the hallucinations.
Thank you

Hi @James2,

I wanted to take a moment to welcome you to the community. Please do take a look around at the threads and support site (such as our Rotigotine page), and feel comfortable sharing and asking - we have a good group here, who are very supportive and insightful. I’m hoping some of our members will come along soon and share their experiences with you with coming off of Rotigotine.

You’re also welcome to call our helpline on 0808 800 0303 with any questions or concerns that you may have about your Dad and what he’s going through (and you too, of course!).

Best wishes,
Joy
Forum Moderation Team