Rotigotine Neupro patch

Hi Trumble not picked up this thread for a while . My husband is still on the Patches although now using 4 mg I found them easier because his skin is very sensitive and they are smaller . When the skin reddens I make sure it is washed them I usually smear some Sudacreme over the area it does help . He has been on Sinemet plus for a few years 3 times a day but I took it upon myself to increase it to 4 times daily . I felt he needed more . It does seem to be helping . generally . His mobility is not good he only walk s around the house or to a taxi if we go anywhere . Having said all that I think he is better than he was 2 years ago . Hope you are coping well
Hi Johnnie,
I have to say that I came off neupro patches and went on to Sinemet. But then I came off of that because I figured that I was just about neutral, with or without meds. My latest attempt is to go back on to the Neupro patches, starting at 2 mg and gradually working up to 16 mg. Currently I am on 10 mg and so far have noticed virtually no difference. Ah well, all I can do is persevere!
Trumble,
Do tell me, a newbie, if you are still working effectively.
I take Mirapexin 0.088 (low dose) while I try to adapt to this PD thing, but cannot work at present owing to balance and movement problems. I was dx recently and am baffled that some people on this forum manage to work and earn while others don't.
Is it a case of getting the medicine to match one's personal symptoms?
I wish I were on Sentosa beach. The waterslide is great fun!
Best Wishes,
Arsene
have any of you had a problem with sudden dropping off to sleep and then wakened up jerking and confused /dissorientated
Still using the Patch 24hrs , and Controlled release Sinemet at night but have recently been reducing the Sinemet Plus during the day . It's been a case of not being sure of what is working or not .

It seems like things are better without , but I do worry about not giving them as well .

Mentally much more alert but no inprovement energy wise / mobility ..

Still have the drooling problem and head nodding down but not as tired .

Almost wish we could stop them all see what happens and have maybe start from scratch .

When you first start on meds you haven't got any idea what to expect, the doctors much the same .
Hi all. I have early on set and have been on the 4mg patches for 3 months now, whilst continuing to take Azilect. There was an initial improvement in mental alertness, decreased tremor and improved dexterity/gait but have recently suffered with increasingly disturbed sleep with multiple twitching. Aa a result, the lack of sleep negates all the good work the patch is doing. I guess it's a case of sucking and see for a few more months.
As an aside, a pharmacist I was speaking to claims that a room temperature patch is to be introduced in the UK (eg you do need to keep them in afridge or packed in a cool bag when travelling) but I have not come across them yet. Has anyone else?

What I did was shaving my legs off comletely, and the patches did stay on…