Scared of the future

ME TOO!!! :imp:
ME TOO Chris
Thankyou soooooo much you two... I came home feeling fed up.. logged on and ....I laughed :stuck_out_tongue::laughing: Thankyou for being so honest, its made my day better knowing not every one is coping better than me. xxxxxxxx
nina
Hello Neenag,

We all hate parkinson's whether we are pwp's or carer's as it robs us of so many things that people take for granted, but we are stuck with it. My husband will fight it until he has no breath and he has had it for thirty years, but although this has to be admired it makes it very difficult for those around him be it family or carer's in the nursing home.
Because everyone is different and the period of time of coping with pd various it is not always easy to give the right comment without upsetting someone which of course we don't want to do. Our families are precious to us and usually support us whatever happens in life so too our friends which we are very blessed to have.
Whatever illness you get you are still the same person and many pwp's have discovered they have a real talent for poems or art which they didn't know before pd so if you feel rotten just say so and hope that the next day will be a little better, I am not being flippant here but what choice do we have but to keep battling on.
best wishes
vivian
Hit everyone sorry for the note the other day but pd was really bad and I was really depressed.the pd was winning I had alot of pain all at once plus the bells palesy was crushing my head abit.having a good day today and pd pain is always there but not do bad.im having a good day which means tomorrow .ive got to try to enjoy the good times because there getting less.
I value everybodys comments , they all make sense and each day is different so the comments are varied and applicable,, I feel good now after the previous comments made me laugh.. you never know how you values and oppinions help others,

Thankyou all xxxx
Hi neenag you try your best to come through the pain and then get comments like told u there's nothing wrong or is he putting it on because he seems ok now.if only they could feel the pain were in then I think the comments would stop.ive slowed down for a reason It hurts and I'm trying my best.its also annoying because you can do want you used to do before like buttons,zips,lifting heavy objects,.theres more to pd than shaking that's just visual the rest is unseen.sorry for going on neenag.twins99
Hello Twins99,

Never be sorry for going on, you have every right to have a good old moan, unless people have suffered with a chronic illness they have no idea what life is like coping day to day. My chronic back condition which I have had since i was 29 years is painful all the time but the pain does vary in intensesity, I do have to use a wheelchair when out of the house, I also drive limited distances,where as all the people with pwp are limited in many different ways and that makes it even more frustrating and the fatigue must be really draining, my husband says it's like walking through treacle sometimes.He also feels such a restriction around his head, he says it feels like a clamp and then suddenly it goes again.
I think you are all very brave and I just hope that the researcher's find some really good way of reducing the problems experienced by many of you and dare I wish for a cure.
best wishes
vivian
I do have really good days occasionally ....I just seem to be having particularly bad ones at the moment. One thing I would like to know...WHEN DO I STOP BEING A NEWBY ON THE FORUM...:grin::rolling_eyes::stuck_out_tongue::laughing::laughing:[::lol::

NEENAG XXX
hello oldie neenag,

you have certainly had a great number of replies and advice and it is good to know that so many care and take the time to comment.
you are so right and i appreciate every comment and respect peoples views. just wish I got this much attention from family :grin::wink::rolling_eyes::laughing::laughing::laughing:
hi neenag,i did rite a post to you few days back,from me heart,and hopfully it may of put you at ease,but me post disapeared,i did 10 lines and then boom ,off it went,and neenag,im sorry but i was havin a bad day with hands and could not rite it agin.anyway everything i was goin to rite,in a way has been said now by all other posts,which is great,your gettin the surport you need from us,we are all stickin togeather and helpin one another out.dont be ashamed of havin a moan on here neenag,cus we dont see it as a moan ,its a bad day ,wot we all get im afraid,and just need a bit more surport to pull us along this journey with pd.im not goin to go on neenag,but will just say im only 43 and been dx for 11 half years now,and got other ill health probs as well,ive had me years of bad,belive me,anyway as your aware,suport you have,and looks like you have made some nice friends as well,keep postin neenag,and we try to make you have some beter days,and us as well:smile::smile:
Hello and welcome to the forum
I was dx at the age of 48 and that was 5 years ago.
It is a hard thing when thinking about the future, just try and take one day at a time. I have my good days and I have my off days. It can and is so easy to get down and depressed with this cruel disease.

It is difficult also for family members who are unsure what to say and they too are trying to cope with the dx of your Parkinson'S. Enjoy your family and beautiful grand children. I have a daughter of 36 and a gorgeous grandson of 5 and they are my reason to keep going. Keep posting and let us know how things are.

Love PB x
Hi guys
Guess who fell over in public today!!!! Ive got a badly bruised thumb , broken nail and a bruised knee... but... I found out I still got a weird sense of humour. I saw the funny side cos my ample frame and my brief case cusioned me well lol :grin::flushed::rolling_eyes::laughing::laughing: thankyou my pd companions... I think you are ALL fantastic xxxxxxxx

neenag
Hi neenag I constantly catch my toes and stumble although my balance is still good so mainly remain upright :laughing:

The wi-fit is supposed to be good if you have balance issues so if you have one!

On your other worries remember don't dwell on the past; live in the now! the future is a foreign land to everyone.

Be good to yourself!!!

BJS
guys let me tell you a little about myself whilst i am in a good place, I currently work as a team manager supporting people with learning disabilities,challenging behaviour,epilepsy and autism. We teach life skills and integration and acceptance in to society. We believe everyone should have an important part to play, however small,in society and be heard as an individual. My current employers accept my disability and listen to me when I have off days.Parkinson has robbed me greatly of my former life..but..life goes on,,unless im having an off day.
As time goes on you will see I have a strange sense of humour..daft some days..but this has helped me through many trials in my life. I cannot stay negative for long.
My 8 year old daughter came home upset one day because she came last in a race.I asked her if she ran all the way, she said she had. I told her not to cry but think of a child who had lost their legs....they would have been happy just to have run the race . she thought a while and said"mummy you are right", I hope she grows up being able to reason well and not be selfish.
finally....I do hope Im not too nutty for you all lol :laughing::laughing::laughing::stuck_out_tongue::question:
By the way... my bruises are looking goooood !!!!:flushed::rolling_eyes:
hi Neenag well coincidence abounds I am a social worker IRO in children's services I too have a strange sense of humour:grin: comes with the job! So really understand my kids now 21 and 25yrs but the indoctrination works they are nice folk! good luck:sunglasses:

BJS
Well what a coincidence I was a social worker with children's services for 26 years before I retired 4 years ago, due to my PD. So I fully understand the dark humor thing, I think we develop it to protect ourselves from some of the more nasty things that we come across.

Wonder if the stress that comes with this sort of working environment has anything to do with our conditions? Interesting!!

Glenchass
Hey you two can be my side kicks then lol :grin:I do feel stress has a big part to play, My childhood and first marriage left a lot to be desired..in fact..its a wonder im not a patient somewhere:rolling_eyes::stuck_out_tongue: The sad thing is I met a lovely man and settled to a happier positive life only to start with pd symptoms within 2 years. It seemed once my body wasnt fighting any more stress pd crept in.. but hey ho...life!!!

Neenag xx