Self Employed but having problems working

Hi

Diagnsed with Parkinsons for 2 years although have had it longer looking back.

Work very much with my hands, and finding it more and more difficult doing my day job due to shaking, even though on various medication.

Ages 61 this year, am presently working 2 days a week, wife is doing the same, both self employed, no private pension, but finding shaking and stiffness of movement has a severe negative effect on my work in the medical field.

Looking at what I can do, what help, and how i am going to manage for the foreseeable period of time.

Has Parkinson's affected you in the same way, and you are/were self employed?

Would love to hear from you for your experiences, and how you are getting/got round the problem, and of course any advice you can offer.

Many thanks

Phil
Hi, I sympathize with your plight. I'm self employed and have a franchise. It's got to the stage where I can't keep up with the physical demands of the job. My franchise has been on the market for about 3 months but no buyer has come forward. I finished up for the term yesterday, thank goodness, just books and paperwork to gradually complete. However, as I am no longer running the business I have had to forfeit the right to sell the franchise. It goes back to the franchisors. Bang goes my £10K investment. Thankfully I'm not the main bread winner, but a very significant blow all the same and to top it all my ancient Critical Illness policy doesn't pay out for PD either. I was hoping that would offset the loss of my business somewhat. :frowning: