Self Management Course

Hi. My husband and I are due to start the online course tomorrow, but we haven’t heard from the coordinator for weeks and we haven’t received details of either the conferencing software or the course books. I sent email and phone messages this morning, but haven’t had a reply. Does anyone know what is supposed to happen?

Hi @Jane_L,

I’m sorry you haven’t heard from anyone about the Self Management course; unfortunately we’re not currently offering this programme, we’re reviewing it to ensure we’re delivering the greatest impact for people with Parkinson’s using supporters’ funds.

I appreciate that this has come as a disappointment to you and your husband, however, support is available for people with Parkinson’s through our national helpline, Parkinson’s local adviser service, online forum and the many locally based activities and groups. You can find more information on all these services here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/helpline-and-local-advisers.

I hope you understand; however, if you have any questions, please let me know.

Best wishes,
Reah

Thank you Reah. I think it would have been a courtesy of the organisers to tell me that the course was cancelled. I signed up for it in December and my husband’s name was added in January. Since then I had heard nothing and so assumed it was still running.

Hi @Jane_L,

Once again, I’m sorry you wasn’t made aware of this sooner - I completely understand your disappointment. I will pass your thoughts onto the Self - Management team.

Do take care.

Best wishes,
Reah