Self-tracking or recording: how do you do it?

Hi.

My husband has been recently diagnosed (provisionally, subject to L-Dopa response).

His memory isn’t as good as he’d like it to be, so he’d like to find a good way to self-track (that’s the term I’ve found online) his symptoms, response to meds, moods, one-off periods, exercise etc. I can see some older posts about apps that might be helpful, but nothing recent - maybe I’m using the wrong search terms.

He doesn’t have a Parkinson’s nurse yet (and may not for some time) so we’re not sure who to ask about helpful tools and techniques.

Can I ask how others track/record their health? There’s an app called Flaredown that someone mentioned in a blog about a different health condition. And I can see lots of academic papers saying self-tracking is a helpful technique for patients, but with no mention of anything that’s commonly available on Android. Maybe if there isn’t an app, there’s a digital template for personal use?

Thanks for your help, and I hope you’re all having a good day.

Paper diary works for me! Flaredown looks interesting but I suppose like all apps you need to think about what the business model is (how they make money) and if you are comfortable with the ‘contract’. Flaredown notes that it shares your data with other organisations (“Partners”).