Great to see you are so positive.
As a PwP, I have read that the cognitive skills that become impaired for us are:
- Executive functions - trouble making the big decisions, overwhelmed when having to make choices
- Attention difficulties - not able to stay on task, trouble concentrating on a group conversation or where there is background noise
- Slowed thinking
- Word finding - not having the right word at your fingertips, but it comes to you later
- Learning and remembering information - trouble storing information such as phone calls and sequences of events
- Imagery and spatial processes
I went to a Train Your Brain lecture 6 weeks ago. (how to maximise memory in older adulthood)
The professor recommended over 50 things to help.
One of them was sudoku. It was better than a crossword, as that is only information retrieval.
Another was Lumosity, for brain training games. www.lumosity.com/
WIth Lumosity, you can tailor your exercises to work on the skills you want. If you read the list, you may think you want to work on them all.