Shadow Boxing

Can something please be easy in my life? Every scrap of paper in my scrapbook has to be scrapped over. Why do I have to shadow box every little atom of my life? Why do I have to fight so hard for everything? Can’t you see how bruised and bloody I am? How weary my burning limbs are? How many teeth I’ve lost? How my eyes are swollen shut?

But fight I must! Bring the worst you can conjure up! I don’t care; you’ve given me all this already, what’s another drop in the ocean? I stand resolute!

Knock me down, again and again, and I will say, “thank you for giving me the chance to stand.”

Surround me with silence, and I will say, “thank you for giving me the chance to hear.”

Give me loneliness and I will say, “thank you for giving me the chance to know myself.”

Hate me and I will say, “thank you for giving me the chance to know what love is.”

Make me poor and I will say, “thank you for giving me the chance to know true value.”

Decisive me and I will say, “thank you for giving me the chance to tell the truth.”

Call me ugly and I will say, “thank you for giving me the chance to see true beauty.”

Hurt me and I will say, “thank you for giving me the chance to heal myself.”

Ignore me and I will say, “thank you for giving me the chance to know what it is to be wanted.”

Laugh at me and I will say, “thank you for giving me chance to know the real value of laughter.”

Bind me in your chains and I will say, “Now I know what it is to be free…”

dr jonny

www.dialoguewithdisability.blogspot.co.uk